1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

??? Cheap landline phone service ???

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by ouch, Dec 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ouch

ouch Member

I know this has been covered before, Some day I really hope to learn how to Properly use the search feature.

I want the cheapest land line phone service available! No cable, no bells and whistles just telephone. Dial up internet would be ok.

We make very few phone calls per month, Except for the holidays no long distance. If not for my alarm system which has cellular back up,Internet and those last few friends & relatives that will not call on our cell phones we wouldn't need this phone.

The house is in Ohio if that matters. Thank you in advance ! Richard

2. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

First you need to check with your alarm provider. They may require a land line to monitor your alarm system.

Jim Skeel

3. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

try the magic jack thing?? you can get measured service from a t and t. 30 calls a month out unlimited incoming calls. about 9 dollars a month plus taxes. You have to ask for it but it may have another name . motordoc

4. rosies dad

rosies dad Member

Usually there is some kind of measured (budget) call service in every state. Each local call is counted, and you get so many a month (less than 50) and pay extra if you go over.
    If you use your cell phone for long distance calling, I think you are able to NOT have long distance (outgoing) on a landline.
    I retired from SBC,2003, things continue to change and I have been out of the loop for a while.
    Just call your local phone co, and ask whats your least expensive service.
    If you are a true hardship case, there may be more discounts.
    Also, ask about dial up internet service, most places have it, some for $9.99 mo.
    Google is your friend.

5. ouch

ouch Member

My alarm dialer is programable and will work with anyone.

I'm not inerested in Majic jacks.

My phone companny has no interest in helping me unless I Want to bundle cell,Internet, Cable ect>

I'm looking at a companny called Sage?

Thanks,Richard

6. ouch

ouch Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.