1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

cheap, easy to use dslr for close up pictures?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by quartering, Apr 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quartering

quartering Active Member

i'm not smart enough to be a photographer, but i want to take good, close up photos of guns, coins, watches, etc. the more it's a point and shoot, the better for me, but i need the close up detail. any suggestions? thanks

2. Chairman

Chairman TS Member

Getting good lighting will make more of a difference than the camera! Do some googling on light tent setups. With a decent lighting setup, a camera on a tripod and a little experimentation, you ought to be able to get decent pictures from most any modern digicam.

-Adam

3. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

I now have the Nikon COOLPIX S220. It has a rechargeable battery and SD card. It has the Macro mode for close ups and is easy to use. I did have to read the manual. It is easy to carry an extra battery and SD cards. Cost is around $100.00

I started with the COOLPIX L18, won at bingo by the wife, same features as above but uses the AA batteries. It now is only used by the wife, as she hardly ever uses a camera. I do not like the AA batteries as they cost too much and do not last long. Ray

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.