1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

CHEAP airfare to the Alaska State Shoot...

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Jeff P, May 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

I was just on Travelocity, and they were offering r/t to Kansas City (the one I was looking at) and a host of other cities for prices that appeared to be less than $500 or so....

That's extremely cheap for flights at the height of the summer tourist season up here, if you can get it booked. Most of the fares seemed to be on US Airways, with a final travel date of 8/31.

So if any of you are on the fence about coming up, I hope this tips you toward coming. I'l have OTNOT come along and post some of his famous scenery and salmon pictures shortly...

jeff

2. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Where is that flying into?

3. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

T...the flight I was most interested in was Anchorage / Kansas City - going to the Fall Handicap, you see - but the travelocity email I got had a whole list of destinations...and a bunch were around or under $500. Pretty cheap in the day of $130 oil.

4. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Here's a paste of the airfares I saw from Travelocity. Like I said, if you can get it booked - these are pretty cheap fares to come shoot our state shoot.

check out these round-trip fares from Anchorage
    Just book your flight today and go!

To: Round-Trip
    Atlanta $536+
    Chicago $512+
    Honolulu $631+
    Los Angeles $382+
    Minneapolis/St. Paul $438+
    New York City $382+
    Orlando $522+
    Salt Lake City $531+
    St. Louis $472+
    Tampa $542+

5. otnot

otnot Active Member

Jack I haven't snagged a salmon since it was legal in 1968. When I was a kid, I tried everything you could imagine to kill salmon in our river. I saved enough to buy a speargun but that didn't work. Then I went to a bow and fish arrows but the Kings salmon just broke my line. I had set lines up and down the river but the only effective method was a gill net at night but my old man kicked my ass for that one. LOL

Jeff for that price I may fly to Kansas City to shoot instead of coming up to Anchorage for the state shoot.

<a href="http://s69.photobucket.com/albums/i76/otnot06/?action=view&current=Bald_Eagle_watching_for_

6. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Considering the price of jet fuel, flying is a bargain. I guess thats why none of the airlines are making any money.

7. furface

furface Member

Jeff, I,ll see you there, I figure it wll cost me 6X that air fare just for gas. I know, but I shoot trap too, so what can i say. Joe

8. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Joe....well, you're driving your house up here, right. Think of the coin you'll save on a hotel. And meals.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.