1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Chatty shooters!!!!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Tron, Jul 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Have you ever been really annoyed with someone that just can't shut up while you're trying to shoot?? This is a game that demands extreme concentration and from time to time, I find my stream of thought broken up by some moron (usually sitting down on a picnic table behind me) with a voice that you just can't seem to ignore. Usually, a stern look will temporarily silence this type...sometimes, you may even have to confront them. I would like to think that most ATA shooters know enough to shut it during a shoot, but this is not always the case.

Anyone know someone like this?????

Tron.

2. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

My mother in law. lol

3. Tron

Hippie, this is a serious subject....you are a Troll.

Tron.

4. TOOT

TOOT TS Member

Y'all shut up.............I'm trying to concentrate.

5. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Tron,

Come down in this neck of the woods sometime and do a little game shooting. This is standard operational procedeure. Trying to distract the guy that is calling for the target is part of the game. You will become immune to the effects of conversations and other distractions while shooting.

Relax Tron, you're turning into a trapshooter!

ec90t

6. alpine

alpine TS Member

Gee! Whinning from a trapshooter! Who woulda thunk that?

7. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

Shooters/onlookers behind the line should have the courtesy of keeping their noise down when others are shooting, or taking their activity(ies) farther behind the line. The scorer should step in and "shush" those who are too loud, but nowadays scorers too often are non-shooters or don't know the "unwritten" rules of the sport.

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

8. Rem870TB

Rem870TB Active Member

"Trying to distract the guy that is calling for the target is part of the game."

Wouldn't go over too good at out club, the trap chairman is a grumpy ol' pharte that thinks it is not the best safety practice to distract a guy with a gun that is loaded and closed.

I used to see it years ago, initially it was harmless but "one upmanship" enters into it as some get more "creative" with the distractions to the point where some scary stuff can happen.

Folks can do what they want at their clubs but it won't happen at ours; I am the trap chairman.

9. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Tron,

Focus on the stuff that's in front of you, not the stuff going on behind you.

Or get better ear plugs.

People behind the fence "should" know better and be courteous, but they aren't always.

For example, at our league night, you know folks are going to stand behind the fence, watch, and socialize.

When I practice my "zen and the art of trap shooting" mental techniques, I never even hear them, even when I'm shooting handicap.

No, I'm not deaf.

10. Gold E

Gold E TS Member

Re-read the original post while imagining Andy Rooney’s voice.

11. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

I will turn around look at them and say "HEY YOU SHUT UP". That does work because I will say it loud enough for all to hear and to put them on the spot. If they do not then you can ask the scorer to say something.If that does not work then call the field manager. They could be thrown out of the shoot for bothering shooters.

12. lumper

lumper TS Member

Tron ... if you are a handicap shooter shooting from the fence or close to it I can see how it could be a very disturbing situation, especially if you can hear them and they are talking about how bad your shooting because they know that there talking is flustering you but have you thought about carrying a small roll of brightly colored duct tape in your pouch? You could always turn and toss that roll into the middle of the talkers to get there attention and then hand jesture to them like your putting the tape over your mouth ... that should give them the hint ... or ... possibly just learn to live with the idea that they might be back there talking about how great of a shooter that you really are and that they are back there saying things along the lines of look at Trons form, look at how Tron stands, look at easily and effortlessly Tron swings his gun, look at Tron he is the best in the world ... now just think of if you silence them ... you could be silencing your fan club.

BTW ... what do most of them conversate about back there anyway?

13. Bernie

Bernie TS Member

I just turn around a fire a round at their feet. It works every time.

14. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Every club has their share of Chatty Charlies!

Its tough enough to get shooters over their reticence to correct poor on-range shooting behaviors - they won't open their mouths, but get them started on some innane subject and you can't get them to shut up!

15. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

If you think they are bothersome now, Just wait till you move back to the longer yardages.

Jim

16. Tron

Gold E, you're right....so, I updated it.

Tron.

17. Gold E

Gold E TS Member

Now that is funny!

Now that I think of it, reading most of these threads while imagining Andy Rooney's voice would be appropriate.

Thanks

18. Big Al 29

Big Al 29 TS Member

yea... thats real funny spitter.

19. nomderf

nomderf TS Member

Tron,

You could develop a shooting shirt that says - Shut The ???? Up While I Am Shooting!

With a big hand and finger pointing backwards!

We will call it "Tronware"

38-01615

20. SShooterZ

SShooterZ Member

Yep, bugs me too. When they talk about the wind, the temperature, the way the birds are flying...

"Hey numbnutz! Do you notice I'm standing 10 feet away? Don't you think I too can see that it's windy, hot and the birds are jumping?"

Man, now you got me all ticked off... LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.