1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Chattanooga Trap Clubs?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by vvosen, Dec 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vvosen

vvosen TS Member

I am moving to the Chattanooga TN area from the Chicago area and looking for as large a list of clubs I can shoot trap at as possible. Claytargetsonline shows a few but all nearly an hour away. Montlake looks like the best option.
    Any other suggestions, or feedback on Montlake?

Thanks Ya'll

Vic Vosen

2. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Maury Co Gun Club, Henry Horton and Big Springs are not too far awy for a determined shooter. Big Springs has the best targets, and a registered Trap shoot the first Sat.

Maury Co is a great place with great folks, and Henry Horton is a State Park with Skeet, Trap, 5 Stand, and a Wobble Trap field. Bring a puller or shooting buddy for Trap.

HH is closed in the worst of the winter. Look them up on the 'Net.

3. vvosen

vvosen TS Member

2 hours to Big Springs and 3 hours to Maury County is much farther than I'd like to be driving. Anything closer? Hog Heaven in Knoxville is just over 2 hours, is there a reason you haven't mentioned it?

4. 682LINY

682LINY Member

Lets face it ,,,,you picked a place to live before checking clubs,,,,I live in NY but spend a lot of time in Tenn,,,,have shot Hog Heaven, Gatlinberg, Fairfield Glade Sporstmans Club,,,and across the border Bostic NC and Rowan NC,,,rowan is real nice but no registerd targets,,,gatlinbergs woble trap is a chlange as is there sporting clays,,,,no registerd as far as I know,,,,,Hog and Fairfield are real nice,,,,and I love the State Shoot at Bostic NC,,,,,so sell your new place and move a little closer to wherethe shooting is

5. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

You picked the wrong place to move.

6. Tatanka Donk

Tatanka Donk Active Member

I don't think that you picked the wrong place to move (but as someone said, you must be determined). I shoot at all the clubs mentioned and my home club here in Tennessee is Maury County Gun Club. You will meet some wonderful people at all the clubs. I spent 40 years around Northbrook area and retired to Florida. Most of the clubs in Florida are a good drive and clubs are not as plentiful as Chicago area. Don Kerce

7. tatersaled

tatersaled TS Member

Driving to Big Springs will take you 1hour 25mins I make that drive a lot. I live close to big springs but go to Chattanooga a lot. You might find something close in North Georga

8. vvosen

vvosen TS Member

Sounds like I'll be shooting sporting clays or just shooting less in general.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
akeet shooting chattanooga
club killing in chattanooga tn
skeet or trap range chattanooga
skeet ranges chattanooga

skeet shooting clubs chattanooga tn

skeet shooting in chattanooga
trap shooting chattanooga tennessee
where to shoot skeet chattanooga