1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Charter Arms 38

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Bullfrog1, Dec 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bullfrog1

Bullfrog1 TS Member

Has anyone owned or shot the Charter Armes 38 spl Ulta lite. What do you think of it as a carry gun? Thanks

2. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

For a bargain basement gun that will not be shot much, it will work.

Smith & Wesson has dropped the price on their Airweight J frames, 442, 637, 638, 642. give them a look. Should be under $400. We sell them for $389 + tax & TICS. The Model 642 has long been a gold standard for the Armed Citizen. Also, a preferred back up piece for the Armed Professional.

3. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

I have used a charter arms undercover .38 as a boot gun for years. Fit and finish wasn't fancy even when new, but has held up fine. I can hit a shotgun shell box almost every time at 30 feet, plenty accurate for a back up gun. Never had a failure. I do not use the big rubber grip that comes on them now, I use the small old school wooden grip panels to make it even smaller and easier to conceal. Back when I got it they were about $125, I think they are over double that now. Like a cheap lawnmower, it is nothing that you want to show off to the neighbors, but it works just fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.