1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Chart for powder weight versus bushing size?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Tdog, May 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tdog

Tdog TS Member

Can someone put me onto a website or have a current chart that lists the correct size powder bushing (P&W/Hornady/Pacific) for a given brand and weight of powder charge? Thanks for your help.

Rem31TC

2. oletymer

oletymer Member

Hogdon has one on their site. It is for their powders. You did not mention what powders you are using.

3. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

Don't count on any chart for the correct powder drop. ALWAYS USE A SCALE TO CHECK YOUR DROPS.

Ed Yanchok

4. rjdden

rjdden TS Member

Aproximately 6 monthes after I started shooting (Back in 1970) I was loading from a Mec Jr. I wasn't told about a scale but I didn't read the instructions that well either. I got to noticing hot loads and then maybe a cold load, one that didn't seem to have the pop that it should have and the hot ones sounded like they were loaded with all the powder. I got to investigating and at this time invested into a powder scale. I found that most of my loads were on the quite light side. Then I would get a load that was heaver than it should have been. I started loading my powdere into the scale and started getting more consistant loads. Then I noticed my loads were dropping shotrer and shorter each time I set down to load. I was having to use my dribbler or trickler more and more to make the load I desired. Got to looking at the powder area on the loader and took it appart and found a little tiny spider had decided to make his home up on the meeting area of the powder jug and the loader. Cleaned this little bugger out and found it didn't take as much of the dribbler or trickler then it was. From that day on I inspected this area of the loader with close scrutiny and measured all of my powder droppings with a scale. I know there are those that will say it's an extream. But, my breaking of the birds came up considerably and the recoil didn't bother me as much as it was during the tiny spider invasion. Every load to this day is measured through my scale. If you were to purchase grade A factory loads you would find each shell has pretty much the same consistancy from the first to the last in the box. Now make note, I said Grade A factory loads. And, am going to say that now and then a factory odd ball will show up. But not to often. Rich.(inPeoria,Az.)

5. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Give me an email and I will email you back a nice Excel chart for for the P/W chart.

I ship a heavy plastic laminated one with all my reloader sales.

Whiz White

6. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

U S E A P O W D E R S C A L E !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Tdog

Tdog TS Member

Thanks for all the replies. I should have added in my original post that I just want to get in the ball park and then I will fine tune the bushing size by starting undersize and opening it up as dictated by weighing the actual drop till I get the charge I need. I do weigh several drops when I change powder lots or powder types. Mr. White I will be sending you an e-mail. Again, thanks to all of you.

Rem31TC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

p & w bushing weight

pacific bushing powder weights