1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Charlotte, NC Shooting Vision Optometrists

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Clay KillR, Apr 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clay KillR

Clay KillR TS Member

I'm looking for an Optometrist in the Charlotte, NC area that can work with me to build a pair of CORRECTED Trap Shooting glasses. Any suggestions or good experiences? I have a slight prescription so I don't wear contacts. I'm looking for somebody with shooting sports (preferably shotgun) experience that will work with me to build the best possible glasses for bright day conditions. Nothing truly special; the right color, shatter proof as possible, a smaller lens/frame that will stay cleaner from my oily face and fog free on hot, humid, sweaty days and of course as lite as possible.

Thanx and Happy Easter!

2. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Keeping lenses fog free is simple. Just provide enough ventilation between your face and all around the lenses.

Eric

3. phirel

phirel TS Member

Clay KillR - You need to solve your problem in two steps. First, get the correct prescription for shooting. Then, get the prescription in the correct glasses. This will possibly involve working with two different people. Any good optometrist can give you the correct prescription for distance vision. A sports optometrist can shift the prescription a little to accomplish exactly what you want.

Then, someone like Decot, who specializes in shooting glasses, will know how to shift the optical center for trapshooting. I phone my prescription into Decot and the lens show up in 2-3 days. I will be at the 4 day shoot next week at Bostic. I can put you in contact with several very fine shooters in the Charlotte area.

Pat Ireland

4. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

Clay KillR,

Not in NC, but William Padula in Guilford, CT and Frank Rively in Clark Summit, PA
    might be able to help.

Both are optometrists, and both are shooters...

Padula - http://www.padulainstitute.com/

Rively - http://directory.the570.com/Rively+Frank+R+OD.327671.66615287.home.html

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

optometrist shooting mooresville nc