1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Charles Daly Youth 20 ga Semi-Auto question HELP!!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by garagestuff, Sep 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garagestuff

garagestuff TS Member

Looking to the experts on this site for some help. I am new to the shotgun shooting world and have been having a great time learning about the sport. So much, I got my 11 year old son involved (including gun safety training) and he now has been out enought times to warrant purchasing a shotgun for his use. I just received a Charlies Daly 20 ga Field Hunter VR-MC Semi-Auto Youth (mostly for the economically aspects). I am concerned the shotgun may not be functioning correctly and am looking for some clarification. When trying to load it by attempting to pull the bolt handle fully to the rear, the bolt group will not move back with the manual safety on. When I try it with the safety off, it travels all the way back and functions correctly. Again being new to this Semi-Auto world (I use a pump action), I'm hoping I am just missing something here? Needless to say, I have not attempted to fire it yet, and sure don't want to hand this over to an 11 year old until I know whats going on. I have e-mails in to Charles Daly and the dealer, but figured I would get faster replies here. Any help/clarification would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Jim

2. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

may be part of the safty? action can not be used with safty on?????

3. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

check above, did you buy new, daly used to have a lifetime repair warrenty?

4. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

If it's a crossbolt style safety in the trigger guard, it sounds abnormal. If it is a tang located safety, it "might" be normal. I don't remember seeing any Charels Daly safety on an auto shotgun that locked the action. Get in touch with the company and they can better answer the question.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

charles daly youth 20 ga semi auto