1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Charles Daly Repair

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Zoltan, Dec 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zoltan

Zoltan Member

I have a Charles Daly O/U that sometimes will not fire the upper barrel. It has been suggested that the problem could be a weak spring. I have cleaned the gun thoruoghly and the problem still persists. I would like to obtain info on who does repair work on Charles Daly guns. Here in NE Ohio I have not been successful in finding anyone who is interested in this type of work.

Thanks

Roger Edgington

2. lumper

lumper TS Member

Good luck in finding a repair facility. Have you checked out there website for a possible list of places you could contact?

http://www.charlesdaly.com

They might be a good place to start especially since they have a supposed lifetime repair policy.

3. Wentez

Wentez Member

Philip Crenwelge would be my suggestion. His new address is posted on this site.

Geo

4. William681

William681 Member

Try the link for older Daly parts and info:

http://www.wisnersinc.com/

I have a Superior Trap I purchased in 1968 still crushes the clays.
    Bill

5. BBowen

BBowen Member

100 straight products, inc. makes replacement springs for the older charles daly shotguns. they are available at www.100straight.com or 605-347-3133

good shooting
    bruce bowen
    100 straight products
    sturgis, south dakota 57785

6. samme_no2

samme_no2 Member

Try contacting Darrel Johnson at 800-864-2907, and explain your problem. Harry

7. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

Do a search on here. A guy used to post on here,I believe The Rock. Jim???maybe who was very up on the Daly's. I still shoot one on doubles. Mine is the type 4 I believe. Hope this helps. Steve

8. LearPilot

LearPilot TS Member

Go to their web site. I have had excellent customer service with Charles Daly no matter what anyone says. In Fact, they sent me a shipping label to ship the shotgun to them (Harrisburg, Pa.) they repaired it absolutely free and sent it back in a timely matter (two weeks, but I do live only 80 miles from Harrisburg) then sent it back at NO CHARGE

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.