1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Charles Daly repair in Ohio

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Zoltan, Aug 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zoltan

Zoltan Member

I have a Charles Daly O/U that will sometimes not fire the top barrel on the second shot. I would like to get the gun looked over and any necessary repairs done. Is there anyone in Ohio who does this kind of work.

Thanks

Roger Edgington

2. Basfshmn

Basfshmn Member

Where are you located Roger? I know a gunsmith in southern Ohio that worked on a Charles Daily my brotherinlaw had. I don't have his number right now, but I can get it. Rick

3. pj 999

pj 999 TS Member

Sent you a PM.

4. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Roger check w/ Thurman Gobel

GB
    DLS

5. colonel klink

colonel klink Active Member

First thing I would do is take the stock off, Clean & lubricate the gun real good. It may just be dirty/lacking proper lubrication. You say it is intermittent in functioning. The inertia triggers may be dirty or dry. Try it first. It may save you some time & money. I have two Daly's myself & I would try this first.
    Colonel

6. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

I would bet it isn't much different than a Citori since the same Mfg. makes them.

I would think any Browning smith could help you.

Regards....Gerald

7. 410 JIM

410 JIM TS Member

The problem with that Charles Daly may be a buildup of crud in the receiver. Take the gun apart,take the stock off,look inside the holes where the firing pins are. The problem is probably crud inside the passageway of the firing pins,preventing them from traveling far enough to consistently ignite the primer. Once you get the stock off, you can spray some of the strong aerosol cleaner like Gun Scrubber, into the firing pin holes and blast the gunk out.(easy way)The firing pins come out quite easily if you want to do the job right instead(hard way). If this maintenance routine doesn't correct the problem,new firing pins probably will.The gun is pretty simple except for the triggers. You can take the firing pins out yourself. I can do it and I'm a moron.Good luck. Jim Moron Esquire

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.