1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

Charles Daly O/U

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Hank55, Oct 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hank55

Hank55 Member

Are Charles Daly O/U trap guns of good quality in comparison to Browning Citori's? They are not a very popular item at the trap ranges so I was wondering since I have an opportunity to pick on up reasonably.
  2. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

from the CD's I have seen( miroko manufactured) have all been very well made and feel very good. For a while they where very underated and could be had cheaper than they get now.

Newer production late 70s to present the guns could be made anywhere and quality is all over the place.

pre WWII charles daly firearms can catch a good $$$....not quit as good as some of the bigger players. The prices have been on the rise especially on sub gauge guns.

Do you know what model and aprox build date. ?

I have only seen one newer production(Model 206 Trap) I believe the owner paid 850.00 new. its right on par with any sub 1k O/U fit and finish is ok, wood is ugly plain plastic looking.

I know jerrys sports purchased CD name and tried to return it to high end market. there are some high grade CD from the 80s and 90s I have seen @ gun shows for 2500.00+
  3. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

The ones I've seen (mostly OUs) in the mid 70s were almost identical to the Brownings. Good quality. Early Prussion marked guns also high quality.

The CD name was cheapened in the 80s as all I have seen are lower grade shotguns.

I met the importer, who I believe said that he owned the name, at the Shot Show in Dallas, Tx. in the mid 80s.

Regards....Gerald
  4. colonel klink

colonel klink Member

Usually have nice trigger pulls. IMO they are good guns, well worth the price they bring. I have a 12 ga. trap & a 12 ga skeet gun. Had a 28 ga. skeet gun before also. Almost all CD o/u use a flat V type hammer spring & they do break occasionally. Replacement are available thru Wisner's & Gun Parts Inc. Around here they can be had for around $500.00, give or take a little.
    Colonel
  5. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

I had a Mirouku CD Superior grade trap was a great gun but hard to sell. Due to the fact that it wasn't a Browning? Also mine as well as several others I have seen have an unusual choke (fixed) combination, full over I.C (* and **-) and they miked out that way. Was told that that combo might have been a pigeon gun?? Be aware of that combo be it good or bad.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.