1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

charles daly closing their doors

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by shaner, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shaner

shaner Member

just seen this sort of a shame , hate to see a gun maker go out
    http://www.charlesdaly.com/

2. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

Where did you see on their website that there going out of business.
    I could'nt find it.

3. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

"To all our friends, fans, supporters and consumers of Charles Daly and by extension, KBI products, I regret to inform you that the rumors of our demise are true.

KBI is going out of business and closing its doors, effective today, January 29, 2010.

I don't want to go into each and every detail as to why this has occurred, except to say that there have been a multitude of events over the past five years that have contributed to our current situation.

For those of you with ongoing service requirements please be advised that we are currently negotiating with several companies that will be performing after-sale service of Charles Daly, CD Defense and Jericho firearms. As soon as we have finalized a contract with one of these companies we will post the name, address and contact details of that company on www.CharlesDalyForum.com, so you will know who to contact to obtain service on your KBI firearm.

Again, I wish to thank all of you that have supported our company, Charles Daly and all the other fine firearms that we have sold over the years.. This spells the end of KBI but I imagine it will certainly not mean the end of Charles Daly® and CD Defense™. Look for this excellent brand to resurface in the very near future.

Sincerely,
    Michael B. Kassnar, President
    K.B.I., Inc."

4. LUGNUTZ426

LUGNUTZ426 TS Member

DID CHARLES DALY EVER ACTUALLY MANUFACTURE THEIR OWN FIREARMS AT ONE TIME?

5. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Most of the Chas Daly stuff coming from Eastern Europe were piles of crap. The company was probably losing money trying to keep them fixed.

6. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Charles Daly never actually made anything. They've always been an importer. Years ago, they used to import Miroku's and put their name on them. Not bad guns. But, the stuff that they've been importing on their latest incarnation (mostly from Turkey) has, for the most part (I think for the ALL part) been junk. They offered a lifetime warranty as well!

I said it before and I'll say it again: "The only good thing about Turkey is Thanksgiving".

7. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

And, on the other hand - - -

Charles Daly shotguns were made by several of the best European and American arms makers from around 1875 to the mid-late 1930's by Schoverling, Daly & Gates. These were some of the finest shotguns of the time and can sell for several thousand dollars. In the 1960's and 70's, they were produced by Miroku Company in Japan. These are becoming collectible and can retail for $1,500-$3,000 in top condition. Current Daly O/U shotguns are manufactured in Italy and are excellent firearms. There are forty different models listed in the Blue Book. A Field grade in 60% condition, lists at about $200, but a Diamond Regent GTX EDL Hunter in 100% is $23,000. If your gun has fancy wood, fine engraving and/or precious metal inlays, you should take it to an expert for a written appraisal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

charles daly shotguns 1930