1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Charles "Chuck" Blue passed away....

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by fishguts, Jul 8, 2013.

1. fishguts

fishguts Member

Indiana trapshooter Chuck Blue passed away on July 4th.

2. pullbangloss

pullbangloss Active Member

Charles

Sad news.

MGM is pretty accurate in his post, lol.

Believe it or not I did get him to smile once. I made a reference to Elman being his brother and he got a chuckle.

Another good memory was at a shoot either at Allegan or Fennville. Blue was always a long yardage shooter and always said "I'm shooting the long ones." We'll I happened to draw him and I thought to myself, "he's not shooting the long ones." As I approached him wondering what kind of reaction I would get I said, "Well Blue how you want to shoot them?" He said he didn't care. At that point I thought to myself, "well here goes nothing." I said "I'll shoot the long ones." He replied "ok." We ended up winning and he even shook my hand and told me good shooting.

Deep down he was a good person and he will be missed.

Looking forward to some more Blue memories. Please share them.

RIP Blue

Matt Ski

3. PULL PULL

PULL PULL Member

Charles

I wish I shot singles as well as Charlie Blue. He smoked many 100 straights with that model 12. And was competative from the 27 He never had a cross word to say to me. Nor did I ever have anything bad to say about him. RIP Charlie.

4. fast gun

fast gun Active Member

Charles

My daughter used to pull she refered to Charlie as Mr. Buzz cut He was a great guy to shoot with. I never came close to beating him. God bless and rest in peace

5. pullbangloss

pullbangloss Active Member

Charles

TTT

6. Snookassassin

Snookassassin Member

Charles

I used to shoot with Charlie at Carpys Gun Club in Illinois in the late 70s and 80s,

I thought he was a "sour puss" the first time I saw him but he was a real good guy and a real good shooter and I always liked him. R.I.P. Chuck

Snookassassin, Clif Adams

7. Palos shooter

Palos shooter Active Member

Charles

I have known Charlie Blue since the 70's..We shot together on many squads..Frankfort gun Club..ATA shoots and calcuttas ..Maywood, Northbrook when it was on County Line Road and a lot of other places ..He was quite a charactor..I don't think anyone really knew him..He was one of the best 16 yard shooters that I have seen when he was young,,He hated slow pulls and would ream out the trap help when they wern't paying attention..He shot a model 12 as long as I knew him..May he rest in peace...

8. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Charles

I remember the name but can't put a face with it. Does anyone have a photo of Charlie?

9. Janet

Janet TS Member

Charles

Sympathy to all family and friends. R.I.P. Mr. Blue.

Search tags for this page

trapshooter chuck