1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Charges unlikely against man who shot robbers

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Joe Potosky, Jul 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

<embed src="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated/294382118" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" flashVars="videoId=1737866652001&playerId=294382118&viewerSecureGatewayURL=https://console.brightcove.com/services/amfgateway&servicesURL=http://services.brightcove.com/services&cdnURL=http://admin.brightcove.com&domain=embed&autoStart=false&" base="http://admin.brightcove.com" name="flashObj" width="480" height="360" seamlesstabbing="false" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" swLiveConnect="true" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></embed>

The Internet cafe patron who shot and injured two men as they tried to rob the business will likely not face any criminal charges.

“Based on what I have seen and what I know at this time, I don’t anticipate filing any charges,” said Bill Gladson of the State Attorney’s Office.

Samuel Williams, 71, who fired the shots, has a concealed weapons permit, according to the Sheriff’s Office. Under Florida law, a person is allowed to use deadly force if he or she fears death or serious injury to themselves or others. As long as the person isn’t committing a crime and is in a place where he or she has a right to be, they are considered to be acting within the law.

Surveillance video of the incident was released on Monday by the Sheriff’s Office. It shows two masked men entering the Palms Internet Cafe, 8444 SW State Road 200, just before 10 p.m. Friday. One of the men had a gun.

2. Model Number 12

Model Number 12 TS Member

Good man. More local people showing criminals that crime just won't be tolerated in their neighborhoods will put an end to this.

3. trappermike

trappermike Well-Known Member

Those guys can run!!

4. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

I suspect that Sam is out shopping for a larger caliber. Well done! Oh wait, they were wearing hoodies so this is a hate crime.

Robert

5. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Best video I've seen in a long time!

"Charges unlikely" WTF? What are they thinking? Charges? They should be giving the guy the key to the city and a bigger caliber gun!!

6. Oscar Ray

Oscar Ray TS Member

You watch, some liberal prosecutor will bring charges,"Because he chased them down and shot them as they were running away".

The outcry from the "urban utes" family will bring in Jesse and Al, just wait and see

Oscar

7. ctreay

ctreay Member

Don't mess with the old folks. To bad he didn't have 1911.

ctreay

8. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    “Based on what I have seen and what I know at this time, I don’t anticipate filing any charges,” said Bill Gladson of the State Attorney’s Office.

Unless, of course, they were only out for Skittles.

9. over/under

over/under Member

Wait until AG Holder sees this. Another lawsuit against FL.

10. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

The old guy was pretty calm and just pressed ahead. Wonder if he had army experience?

I shake my head at the one woman who stands there with her hands over her ears. Gets in the way. Could have got shot. Standing in the middle of the action. Didn't have a clue.

His 9mm or 380 did the job. Stopped a crime, and proved CCL works.

11. oz

oz Active Member

uh oh another white man shooting a sweet little black boy in a hoodie. I can't wait to see the black baby pictures. The old white guy will be hun out to dry and Bill Gladson will be looking for a new job. NAACP, EPA, ACLU, NBA and others will be weighing in along with jessie and al. Lordie lordie, lord have mercy.

12. oz

oz Active Member

At the end of the video there is a woman who says "he should have told them "I have a gun and I'll show it to you if you don't leave." The guy did good but will be crucified. al & jessie will give his address to the black panthers and post a bounty dead or alive. I guess he could have shot the gun out of the poor little underpriviledged boy's hand like the lone ranger!!!!

13. Sharp1

Sharp1 Member

Dang,,,Must have been a 22 or a 32 .I'm thinking more stopping power was needed. I got to respect the shooter, hopefully the local thugs are taking note! Those 2 should be dead and would have saved society $$$$$

14. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Ole Sam has got some guts thats for sure. I'm glad he did what he did. I don't know Fl. law, but in Indiana once the perps turn away from you and start to run, shooting at them in the back is a big time no-no. Hope nothing happens to Sam.

Wayne

15. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

The threat would remain as long as the perp had access to the weapon, period. It would only take a split second to send a shot back behind you or to fire from the ground when you have fallen (even if you were tripping over your cohort). This would seem to be a case of offense being the best defense.

16. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

The shooter needs a little training to be more accurate. Never the less a fine job.

17. trapshooteraa27aa

trapshooteraa27aa Well-Known Member

Im glad he did what he did, but I promise you he will be hung out to dry. After the morons were running away and especially when they were out the door he continued the pursuit to the door and fired his weapon when they were outside trying to run away. Your responsibility as a gun owner and what you were taught in you ccw class is NOT to follow or PURSUE. Now with that being said I might have done the same thing. Cant imagine whats going through your head at a time like that. Hope its a done deal.
    Chris

18. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

It is clear he DID NOT pursue them outside! He stopped INSIDE the door! As long as they were STILL in the building and had access to their weapons, he was completely justified in firing on them! He had the foresight to avoid an outside shoot out, where an innocent bystander might have been hit! It is just too bad he didn't have a larger caliber like a .45!

19. trapshooteraa27aa

trapshooteraa27aa Well-Known Member

I DID NOT say he was out the door. You can CLEARLY see the perps were outside when he fired the last shot. Read what I said ffs. I dont disagree with what he did but with all the bs laws and loopholes you can bet some one will try to see wrong doing.
    Chris

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.