1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Charge for receiving shipped gun

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by crackshot, Jan 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crackshot

crackshot Member

What is the going rate FFLs charge for recieving a gun shipped to them for you.....Dave

2. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

from 15 to 75 dollars depending on where you live, he dealers attitude, and a host of other factors. Most people pay less then 50 I suspect. I pay 20.oo from my guy and have been quoted 50 by others. Some dealers believe if you are going to buy the gun from somewhere else they are cutting off there nose to enable you to do it cheaply. One dealer in our town that charges 50 feels this way. Look around and I suspect you can find a dealer with a price and an attitude you can live with. Good luck! Jeff

3. new loader

new loader Member

Fee for this is all over the map. Call around. Best I have found is the "kitchen table" dealer that just wants to make a few bucks for doing nothing. Regular stores and pawn shops, nothing but headaches. They have claimed that the shipper did not comply with some regulation and refuse the package, or will charge some exorbitant fee if it is a gun they happen to have in stock and you did not buy from him. Some charge flat 10% of value. (Gun worth $1000, you pay $100) I have seen and heard it all. Find a little guy and establish a relationship. He might give you a better deal down the road if you special order something from him. Disclaimer: Your results may vary.

4. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

There is a local guy who charges $20.00 but he wants to charge sales tax on any gun he could sell. I told him he doesn't have to charge sales tax on a gun that I bought out of state. He says he is a dealer & has to charge sales tax. Went someplace else. Same $20.00/ no sales tax. I think this guy is ripping people off.

Lou

5. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

We all have problems with a transfer. I charge $25 to make a point. I have done about 25 in last 5 years ,word of mouth, I have run into a couple of good deals. Most of the new guns I can sell near the same price[if I can get them]You will very RARELY get a good deal on Gun Broker . They may have them but they dont give it away. Look at the 0s you see in bid collium. I have seen more good deals by far on Auction Arms. It takes about 20 min of our time to do the calls,logs and file. That is $75 an hour. How much you pay your Dr. and you dont enjoy it have as much. rick

6. XP100

XP100 Well-Known Member

20.00 on rifles and shotgns, 25.00 on Handguns. I do used guns only.

7. chuckles

chuckles Member

I use the same FFL Transfer guy...$25.00 for the last 15 transfers just raised his rate to $30.00 ...

In my area, near Detroit, I have near a hundred to choose from and what they offer for their fee is all over the road map as well as their fee from $15.00 to 10% or more of the gun cost...

Shop around...

If all you do is one or two guns a year I would do a reputable Gun Dealer/Store...

regards

8. BPSR

BPSR Member

My FFL charged me $10 for my one and only gun I bought off the net. First time I'd ever met him, heck of a nice guy, The only bad part is he's 40 miles from me.

9. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

crackshot:

You can access a list of ffl holders on gunbroker.com that accept incoming gun transfers. Why waste time with someone that doesn't want your business (or charges big bucks) when you can choose from someone friendly?? The guys on the list typically include their contact information and their address. A fair number also include their fee.

To access the list, go to gunbroker's home page. Near the top of the page is a listing labeled "for buyers". Click on it. Then click on "find a transfer dealer". Toward the bottom of that page is an option to enter your zip code. You'll get a list of nearby ffl dealers that have signed up to accept transfers.

sissy

10. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I have 2-3 guys in the area, all are 20 bucks for a no work used gun reception. The only time they charge sales tax is for a new one they get from a wholesaler like Jerry's, G-U or Bill Hicks etc.

They still have to fill out a 4473 and do a check.

HM

11. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

crackshot: I have had Pawn shops and/or gun shops in 3 states receive guns for me. (Wisconsin-Florida-Arkansas) The cost averaged about $20. I understand the gun shop owner disliking the fact that you purchased a new 1100 from out of state; when he has several on display. However, a reputable owner will realize that buying a used gun out of state, that he does not have in stock; does not affect him. As stated by "sissy"; Gunbroker.com has a list of dealers that will do this service for you. Good Luck. Ed

12. Sprinklerman

Sprinklerman Member

I charge $10.00, but the buyer must have a current nebraska gun permit. That way I don't have to do a background check. Mark Mauch

13. napawino

napawino TS Supporters TS Supporters

I charge $25 for the transfer and the state of California fee is another $25.

14. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I use a very nice Gun dealer here in Idaho and he charges $25 and smiles and is always glad to get the business even if I didn't buy it from him. I was given a reciever by a fellow TS person and still had to pay the same $$. Thats about all it was worth so that was not a very good deal but I like the dealer and want him to be around for me.

15. Hydra

Hydra TS Member

I was lucky to have a friend who would do it for me free. But in my area it can go from $20 to $35 per gun. In gun shows they could run about the same. Just look around and ask.

16. primed

primed Well-Known Member

Have a local shop that charges $20.00. You can download his signed FFL from his web site and send it to anybody. Just have them mark the package to your attention. The shop receives it and you go in for the transfer. Easy, clean and quick.

Bob

17. roscoeparker

roscoeparker Member

My local dealer charges me 50.00 each time.

18. Gold E

Gold E TS Member

$20 for an FFL friend, $25 for the local pawn/gunshop. I have a good working relationship with both. I try to let either have a shot at the price of the gun if it’s new. Sometimes they match or beat it, sometimes they tell me it’s a great price-go for it.

19. crackshot

crackshot Member

Thank you for all the respones. I live in S.E.Mich. I didn't think about searching for a small FFL.....Dave

20. handlepuller

handlepuller Well-Known Member

25 bucks and then we usually both drool over it when it comes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.