1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Changing to manual safety ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dolphin77, Jul 30, 2013.

1. dolphin77

dolphin77 Member

How difficult is it to change a Beretta 680 series field receiver with auto safety to a manual safety? Thanks

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Oretty easy. Take off the stock and pull the trigger plate. The safety is actuated by a bar that is connected to the operating lever. A little piece of spring steel held by a screw holds it in the groove. take the bar out and re-assemble the gun.

HM

3. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Real easy and I have done it with my 686 bird guns.

Pull the stock off and look underneath the tang below the safety selector. Move the safety back and forth and you will see a bar that connects the selector to the opening mech. What you need to do is remove that bar.

4. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Click the link and read ALL the replies. Some bend that bar out, some cut it out, and others drop out the trigger floor plate assembly and remove the bar to reinstall it later.

Wayne

5. dolphin77

dolphin77 Member

Thanks to all

6. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

He isn't disabling the safety - just making it manual only in operation. Actually better in my opinion as it keeps you in the practice of placing the gun on safe rather than relying on the mechanism to do that 'automatically'.