1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Changing the angle of thrower after comp. begins?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by blkcloud, Jan 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

I have gone to ata shoots before and seen people adjust the machines before anyone shoots to get the angle right.. but can you ask to do this after the shoot has begin? Went to a AIM shoot, not long ago, it started at 8 we were not supposed to shoot until 11.. when we got there the targets were flying "straight up.." as one of the dads on another team said.. I have never seen machines set to throw so high.. we never said anything,just shot..my question is.. what are the rules on..or,can you ask to have a machine checked or have it moved after a shoot is in progress? thanks?

2. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Illegal targets can be reset. You just need to ask an offical for a reset.

3. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

Any targets can be reset, if you can convince shoot management to do it.

4. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

Yes anybody can request the targets be reset at any time during the shoot, like MTA Tom says "if you can convince shoot management to do it". Also....if the targets were flying so high that they were illegal, you're not required to shoot at illegal targets but if you DO shoot at 'em the results are counted.

John C. Saubak

5. Jim Porter

Jim Porter Well-Known Member

I am down here in backwards Mississippi but I have never seen a shoot management fail to stop where they are and check targets when requested. Maybe we are just a little more agreeable than some.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.