1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Changing rib on K-80 ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Hammer1, Mar 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hammer1

Hammer1 Active Member

If someone orders a Krieghoff K-80 Trap Special and concludes they do not like the rib and wants to change it to the rib from either a K-80 traditional Trap or ACS model...

How difficult (expensive) is it to change the rib ?

Or is the cheapest way to change the rib is to buy new barrels ?

Can a K-80 Trap Special be used for sporting clays or skeet with only a change of barrels, or is the stock unsuitable for those games ?

2. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

If you look at the Krieghoff web site you will see two #6 stocks. One is the standard k 80 trap stock and one is the trap special stock. They both have the same drop at the comb measurements but where the difference lies is in the height of the ribs. Putting it all together would tell one that the comb sits higher on the receiver with a trap special to maintain the same drop at the comb measurement the standard K 80 has. So with that said I don't think a trap special stock would work to well for a sporting gun.
    I damn sure hope I didn't confuse you because I think I did my self.

3. high 2

high 2 Member

I think it would be easier to trade barrels if the trap special doesn't work for you. I would think the demand for the trap special would be high. But as goose said, the drop at comb will be your big problem when changing barrels. Larry

4. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

I know to go from a Trap Special rib to the new Pro Rib is about $800.00. Not sure what other ribs will fit on what. Call KI they'll know. Dave T.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.