1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Changing Point of Impact

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by gunsmoke77802, Nov 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gunsmoke77802

gunsmoke77802 TS Member

So I got a new/used hi-rib trap gun & it shoots high. So high that on a 40" square cardboard at 30yds I just barely clipped the top of the target. So I raise the rib which stacks my beads tight & I'm lower but not quite where I want to be. Not sure if I have room left to raise rib. Will measure try again. What does comb do? I'd think lowering comb lowers point of impact.

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Yes lowering the comb lowers the POI. You can also put a taller front bead on the barrel. HMB

3. Alamo

Alamo Member

If all else fails, Tom Wilkerson can change the POI for you. I plan on having him do that for one of guns.

4. bigben

bigben Active Member

Gunsmoke, you did not specify what model gun you have, if the rib is fully adjustable, raise the front and lower the rib closest to your eye, then lower the comb, go back to 37 yds, with a clear target colored on the paper placed at the colored dot about 6 inches from the bottom, put the bead on the target, fire 6 shots at the same target, this will give you the propensity of how you shoot the gun. The pellets should start at the point of aim, and go up from there, that is a 100% or 15 inch gun, which is a neutral gun , once you achieve this just drive the gun into the target and it incinerated, treat the target like some who has stolen your last dollar,,never ever try to go back to the rib, just look at the target one it clears your rib, then go after it and kill it with your eyes remember 95 % of all targets lost are shot under and behind, NOT over the top if your cheek is firmly on the comb! let me know how ir goes! incinerate em!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.