1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Changing POI

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Birch1007, Feb 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Birch1007

Birch1007 Member

I recently was able to have a trap to myself for practice. I locked the trap to throw straight aways from post 3. I adjusted my comb so that the bird was pretty much dust when hit. The problem is that all my shots seem to powder the left side of the bird and leave about 1/8 of the right side as pices. The gun, a BT-99 with aftermarket adjustiable comb, has no provison to adjust left or right. For now I am content that a broken bird is a broken bird but I am wondering if I am giving up anything? I am also wondering if the stock is too long and I am canting it to make it fit. Any insight or thoughts would be appreciated.

2. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

All guns do this with regularity. the front of the target breaks and cushions the back half and the back half flies to the right because of the momentum from the spinning. As proved by Neil Winston. Do a search on his sign on and find the threads.

3. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

You need a 4 way adjustable comb so you can get proper sight picture every time you mount the gun.

Your body type and size dictates the length of the stock, and neck length all have to be in the equation for proper gun fit.

If your sights line up properly, you need to pattern the gun from a rest
    from 13 yards to 35 yards and see if the pattern is centered and not off to one
    side or the other.

If sights line up and pattern is off center you need Bbl work, replacement or bent by Kerry Allor, Tom Wilkinson Etc.

They will pattern the gun and make necessary adjustments.

But First things first, 4 way adjustable comb.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

4. clayman51

clayman51 Member

Birch,

The thing to do would be to take the gun to the pattern board to see if in fact the gun is shooting left. If the gun is too long you might be shooting off the rear of the comb possibly. There are a lot of factors that play into good gun fit. I would have someone look at the the gun mount and fit if it was an issue.

Dennis

5. ebsurveyor

ebsurveyor Member

Try shooting a little more to the right.

6. Birch1007

Birch1007 Member

That would be easy logical fix, what fun is that? :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.