1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Changing POI

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by luvtrapguns, Oct 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luvtrapguns

luvtrapguns Well-Known Member

I would like to raise the POI on my Ljutic HC barrel. It now shoots 60% high and I would like to have it shoot 100% high. Jimmie Ljutic says that he can not raise the POI enough by bending the barrel. He recommends having Briley install chokes at an angle to raise the POI. I talked with Steve Powers at Briley and he feels that he should be able to achieve the POI change without complication.

Has anyone had this type work performed? How well did it work? Will choke tubes put in at an angle still throw decent patterns?

Thanks, Marc

2. Rollin Oswald

Rollin Oswald Active Member

Raise the POI by raising the comb. Something like 1/8" should do it. The sight-line down the rib (you will see more of the surface) but it will be quite easy to check the gun mount when the gun is brought to the shoulder.

Rollin

3. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

I agree with Rollin. But I have a Briley tipped up choke bbl and it wroks as intended. But the pellet disbursement is a bit sparse on the top half. Fact. I checked it.

4. Aintlost

Aintlost Member

Marc, I would suggest going to the patterning board and locate the POI no and adjust the comb up until the POI is were you want it. I would not bend the barrel or have custom chokes made when you came accomplish the results with no out of pocket expense.

Lane

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.