1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Changing out ribs...

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ColtM1911A1, Oct 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ColtM1911A1

ColtM1911A1 Member

I'm looking for a good barrel man who can remove a high Olymipic style rib on a Ljutic Mono-Gun and replace it with a low profile rib. Normally, I'd ship it out to Jimmy at Ljutic, but after being quoted a price for this work, I believe I would serve myself better by finding an alternate gunsmith to perform the work....

So, if any of you know a good smith with a steady hand at welding, let me know so I can give him a call and set up the work. I prefer to keep the weight on par with the Olyimpic rib: I need the balance point to remain where it is, a point that I feel is 'spot-on'.

Thanks in advance for any help...

2. RickN

RickN Well-Known Member

I know a guy who wanted to get his Ljutic to shoot higher. He took off the rib, milled down the rib posts with the correct pitch and re-installed the rib. Apparently the rib posts are just dove-tailed on the top and the rib slids onto them.

Don't know if that's on option on your gun, but that's the way this guy did it.

This guy just did his own, not in the business.

3. ColtM1911A1

ColtM1911A1 Member

Thanks, Rick. I have thought of doing that myself. A friend of mine is milling some posts for me as we speak. The only problem I'm going to have is that the rib on the gun is the Olympic rib, with the large bend at the chamber....cya

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.