1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Changing front beads

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by John55, Nov 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John55

John55 Active Member

I want to install a smaller front bead for my K80 top single and was hoping to get some ideas on where I might buy one. The factory bead always seemed way too large and after comparing and measuring I know it has to go. There is what looks to be a small set screw in the top of the housing, so I'm wondering if all I'd have to do is remove it and then pull out the bead itself, then replace that with a smaller one? Any help or suggestions appreciated.

2. kfbagt

kfbagt Member

Yes, just remove the screw and the bead is off. I just replaced mine with a hiviz and love it.

Paul

3. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

Color it black.......and never go back

4. John55

John55 Active Member

When I remove that little screw I assume the entire front sight comes off the rib...correct? Do you know what diameter the light pipes are in that Hi-Viz setup?

5. kfbagt

kfbagt Member

Yes the bead will come right off after you remove the screw.

Kit comes with 3 pipes each in red and green. Plus a white one. I love mine.

http://www.hivizsights.com/Shotgun-Kreighoff-K80-Model-Sight-KR2005-P71C1.aspx

6. kfbagt

kfbagt Member

Yes the bead will come right off after you remove the screw.

Kit comes with 3 pipes each in red and green. Plus a white one. I love mine.

http://www.hivizsights.com/Shotgun-Kreighoff-K80-Model-Sight-KR2005-P71C1.aspx

7. kfbagt

kfbagt Member

BTW, gamaliels was the cheapest I could find on this at $27.95 + shipping

Paul

8. gun1357

gun1357 Active Member

Once you have the Hiviz installed, you can experiment with various small nails/brads, etc. Size and color combinations are endless. Also, they won't break. Ron

9. JimmyP

JimmyP TS Member

Chris Vendal sells small white beads for both barrels of a K80. Do a search and I'm sure you can find his address. The different barrels have different beads. Hope this helps. I have his beads on my barrels and love them.

Jimmy

10. John55

John55 Active Member

Thanks for all the info! I'll give the Hi-Viz some thought. All I really need is a smaller white bead but the Hi-Viz looks interesting, would just hope they are durable enough so that one isn't breaking those pipes very often.
    I checked those Vendal front sights but I think that might be too small for me. My other gun has a bead that measures about .120" if I measured it correctly, and I really like that size, whereas the K80 beads are more like .160".

11. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Hey John,

Long time no speak. I'm sure you have been busting hump in the fields. I hope you got all your crops out and they were worth a darn. Some of our fields were hit and miss. Have yourself a Happy Thanksgiving as well.

Matt

12. John55

John55 Active Member

Hey Matt!
    Hope all is good your way too. Yep, we have been hitting it pretty hard but it's all done now. Yields were grim in some fields due to wind damage but others weren't too bad. Glad it's over for the year, now it's time to get after all the deer I've seen while harvesting!

13. kfbagt

kfbagt Member

For what it's worth, I've had several hiviz sights in the past and never broken a pipe.

14. John55

John55 Active Member

Well, you talked me into it! I ordered one this morning and will give it a try.

15. mwmham

mwmham Member

too late, but here's the spot for Chris Vendel small front bead

16. John55

John55 Active Member

Not too late...if I don't like the Hi-Viz I will try one of those.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

vendal sights