1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Changing fiber optic rod?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by RAScott, May 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RAScott

RAScott Member

Going thru my trap bag and came across a meadow industries crossfire eliminator with the 3 different fiber optic rods . Question is? if I mount this on the gun rib how do you change the rod to a different color?

The directions are missing. Anyone have this installed? At the bottom of the groove there is a small nub to keep it from sliding out but it looks like after i mount it it will not be ablbe to slide out.

Bob S

2. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

On my Browning Citori which has a similar sight, there is a small tapered plastic wedge tool which you slide between the sight and the metal clip that holds it in. With this inserted, you can then punch the sight out to the rear with a paper clip.

You might try a piece of thin plastic like a thin credit card or something like that.

Easystreet

3. JJJ

JJJ TS Member

While we are on the subject of fiber optic. Wouldn't the white color be better than the bright red. You are suppose to keep your eyes on the target,not on the sight(or site as Meadow's spells it)Just asking for some opinions.
    Thanks,Joe Jordan

4. JJJ

JJJ TS Member

I just read Front Sight Color 05/14/09 KF9VH.
    This answers my question. I guess I should have at least scanned previous threads before getting involved in one.
    Joe Jordan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.