1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Changing Citori FROM ejector TO extractor

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by GrandpasArms, Aug 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrandpasArms

GrandpasArms Active Member

I have been pondering the instructions offered at the website I link above. The author states, "The only tool you would need is a #2 Phillips to remove the Forearm Bracket from the Fore Stock. The author wrote, "The only tool you would need is a #2 Phillips to remove the Forearm Bracket from the Fore Stock." I've looked repeatedly and I don't see a single Phillips screw anywhere on the gun. There are three slotted screws inside the forearm that hold the mechanism in place. I'm reluctant to remove those.

I purchased new springs and it is supposed to be "a piece of cake" to make the exchange. I'm just not seeing how to do the spring switch. Any guidance is greatly appreciated.

Larry

2. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

The slotted screws are the ones you need to remove. You have to remove the forend wood from the iron to get at the springs. I have never seen Phillips heads on Brownings before. I have always seen slotted screws. Usually they are the THIN SLOTTED SCREWS. I bought the Browning thin slotted set from Brownell's. The only way to go without fudging them up.

3. Bob_K

Bob_K Well-Known Member

Newer Citori have phillips screws. The thin slotted ones of the older models can be a bear to remove. I have twisted off more than a couple of the thin slot screwdriver blades.

4. GrandpasArms

GrandpasArms Active Member

Thanks for the great input. Yes, I have the older, thin, slotted screws. Fortunately, I have the Weaver set of blades. I removed the iron and the old springs. Used a towel around the iron and rotated the ears back. Very stiff, but the springs snapped out. I also discovered that I had to cut off about an eighth of an inch of the new springs. There was just too much spring material to fit. With needle nose pliers, I got the pins installed. After reinstalling the iron, I tested the modification. Perfection. The empty hulls no longer launch rearward. My wife will be delighted and that's the best part.

Larry

5. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

Interesting information. I no longer have that XT, but I do believe it had Phillips screws in the forearm. I have also worked on older Citori and Superposed guns. I have seen the slotted screws and they are very tiny slots. I have special gunsmith bits to use with them.

I will update the topic to include this information.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
browning citori ejector to extractor

browning citori ejectors to extractors

can browning cynergy ejecters be changed to extracters
how to change browing ejectors to extractors
how to remove cynergy ejectors
how to replace the ejector on a browning 725 citori

replacing citory ejector springs

swaping out ejector springs on browning citori