1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

changing a K80 barrel hanger

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Gabe, Sep 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gabe

Gabe Member

I use a nylon punch, but I was wondering if anyone has actually made a special tool that would make the job easier. Sometimes those hangers are on there pretty tight and a nylon punch can get pretty beat up. Talked to Krieghoff and they couldn't offer any help. So I'm asking you guys. Anybody made something up better then a nylon punch that would make the job easier and faster.

2. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Remember on a K-80 there is a mid Bbl hanger that can also be changed.

Dr.longshot

3. tgene

tgene Member

When I changed the bbl hanger on my K-80, I purchased the new hanger from "Clay Target Sports" and Chris loaned me the correct size punch for removing and replacing the roll pin. It was returned and there was no charge for it's use.
    tgene

4. Gabe

Gabe Member

OK I guess this needs a little clarification. I am talking about the front hanger and not the mid barrel spacer. I have a punch that will remove the roll pin so I can knock the barrel hanger off the front of the barrel, and I've removed a few over the years. Just wondering if anyone has made anything to make the removal of the front barrel hanger easier and quicker then useing a nylon punch.

5. B.C.

B.C. Member

simply put yes. ki sells a small punch. you can also use a small harden drill bit using the none drill end. hope this helps ! B.C.

6. JM747

JM747 TS Member

Changing the hanger requires 2 punches, the larger one is the same diameter as the hanger hole and is used to remove the pin. The second smaller punch is the same diam as the pin hole {the pin is hollow}. The pin sits over the punch and supports the pin as it is pushed in, they are a tight fit and you will need a small hammer. Both punches are available online from Alan Rhone in the UK. Email is Pat@alanrhone.com

7. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

First remove the pin using the correct size punch available from K-Intl. Next drive the hanger toward the breech-much easier. I use a brass punch and hammer. Nothing to it!!

8. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Lossening the mid hanger makes this chore a breeze. Often, the front hanger will come off with hand pressure. If not, a brass punch will take the old one off and put the new one on with a few light taps. Don't make something big out of something so simple.

Don't forget to snug the mid hanger after the front is installed. Most hangers respond well to a 1/16" punch. Some M-32's take the slightly smaller metric.

Krieghoff's guru, Braxton N. will get you the right parts. Anyone owning a Krieghoff needs to get to know Braxton.

9. Gabe

Gabe Member

Thanks for the replies guys. Pat you got it right, I guess I should have clarified I was talking about useing a nylon punch to tap the hanger off the front of the barrel after the pin was pulled, not to push the pin out that holds the hanger on. I just figured everyone knew that having to pull the pin first was a gimme, my bad. Like I said in an earlier post I've changed hangers before and some seem a whole lot harder then others. Just thought someone may have thought up something to use on the real stubborn ones.

10. jptrapshooter

jptrapshooter Member

Shooting Coach stated, "Krieghoff's guru, Braxton N. will get you the right parts. Anyone owning a Krieghoff needs to get to know Braxton."

I respectfully disagree. I've had poor luck dealing with Braxton. Get to know the real Krieghoff guru, Norb over at Alamo Sporting Arms.

11. Gabe

Gabe Member

I've never tried loosening the center hanger, sounds like an excellant idea and makes sense. I'll keep it in mind the next time I change a front hanger out. Thanks. Gabe

12. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Dear JP

Norbert is great, but I dealt with him at Krieghoff Intl'. Now, he has gone his own way. They miss the heck out of him at Ottsville, but wish him the best. Norbert did me many favors while in Pa.

Try sending Braxton and Dieter a Christmas card. You get more out of the mule with a carrot than with a stick. ;^)

They are all great folks, and Norbert IS dedicated to making your experience with a Krieghoff into a lifetime of pleasurable shooting. He learned that at Krieghoff Intl'.

13. jptrapshooter

jptrapshooter Member

SC

"You get more out of the mule with a carrot than with a stick." LOL I couldn't agree more. I was made to feel like the poked mule a couple too many times by Braxton.

I won't be sending a Christmas card as I don't have any more need for K Int'l now that Norb is no longer there. He has always bent over backwards to help anybody who walks through the door, no matter who's door they walked in.

I don't have a problem with Krieghoff Int'l, just ONE of their employees. The one that seems to now be the face of the company in America.

14. K80Reich

K80Reich TS Member

Just stumbled across this thread and noted the following:

>Most hangers respond well to a 1/16" punch. Some M-32's take the slightly smaller metric.

The hole size is 1.5mm and needs a punch of the right size, ideally 1.4mm. The 1/16" punch is 1.6mm and too big for the hole. You can drive it through but you make the hole bigger and so the pin is not a good fit.

Alan Rhone

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

barrel hanger

changing barrel hanger on krieghoff

changing krieghoff barrel hangers

kreigoff barrel hangers

krieghoff barrel hanger

krieghoff barrel hangers

krieghoff barrel hangers for k80

krieghoffk80barrelhangers