1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Changing 90T release hammer to pull hammer

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by late bloomer, Feb 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. late bloomer

late bloomer TS Member

How difficult is it to replace a 90T release hammer with a pull hammer? I have a 90T release trigger and I also have a pull hammer. Is this something I can do myself? I have assembly skills but not machinist skills. I would appreciate any suggestions, instructions, pictures, etc.

Thanks in advance!

Terry Sandlin

2. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

If it is a Kolar release, call Keith at Kolar. He told me once how to do it, but I think you need something to compress the spring. It sure isn't as easy as changing the Kolar hammers. Bill Malcolm

3. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

If it is a Kolar release, call Keith at Kolar. I believe he told me at one time that you need a tool to compress the spring. Anyway, it sure isn't as simple as a Kolar release to change the hammer. Bill Malcolm

4. John Browning

John Browning TS Member

I have a 90T that has a release hammer and I shoot it as a pull with the hook removed. John

5. 870

870 Well-Known Member

mac1:

If a trade for a release doesn't work out, it's still worth sending that trigger to Doug or to Kolar for conversion.

6. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

pm sent

Jay

7. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

It is a simple switch out. Takes 5 minutes. I watched a great gunsmith do mine but it is not complicated. I went to him because I could not get the trigger screw out or I would have done it myself. The spring is actually not a problem at all

8. late bloomer

late bloomer TS Member

Thanks for all the comments. I am not interested in selling the release hammer or release trigger. I have both a pull trigger and a release trigger. My desire to have the release become a pull is that sometimes the e clips break and the trigger malfunctions. This has happened to me three times. The last time was at the 2011 Grand. In such a case I would like to drop in another pull trigger and continue shooting.

Thanks again for the comments. Isn't this a great site!!!

Terry Sandlin

9. 870

870 Well-Known Member

Take the clips out and you won't have to worry about it. As long as you aren't constantly taking the trigger in and out, it isn't a problem.

10. cotrshooter

cotrshooter Member

It is really easy. when you take out the hammer spring there is just the pin that holds the hammer in. takes about 5 minutes.

I have a release for sale if anyone might be interested.

11. joe90t

joe90t Active Member

cotrshooter,If mac 1 is not interested I AM!!!!!!! In the release that is. joe90t

12. redhawk

redhawk Member

Any easy way to compress spring to pull hammer out?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.