1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Change Rem 3200 ejectors to extractors?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by joe kuhn, Apr 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

Anybody know how? I'm tired of missing that empty shell after shooting extractors for years. I've got something else I'd rather focus on.

2. Em_One

Em_One TS Member

Hi Joe,

Only did it once, and going off memory, but here it goes..

For starters, take the fore-end iron out of the wood by unscrewing that flat nut in the middle of the inside of the iron. The plate should fall out of the bottom and the rest of the iron should slide out towards the back of the fore-end.

You'll see the two hammers, one on each side of the iron - these need to be released. It helps to put a little counter pressure on them so they don't "snap" - but be aware they are quite stout. You'll see the sear on the hammer, depress the piece that is holding it cocked and ease each hammer forward.

You'll see a rod with a spring around it running along each side of the iron and at the end up under the hammer a fat square part. Get a decent set of pliers grab that part of the rod and pull towards the front end of the iron away from the hammer while holding the hammer in its released position with your other hand. Once free of the hammer, manipulate it to the outside of the fore-end iron and it should be free. Do it twice and your gun will be extract only - keep the rods and springs somewhere in case you want to change it back.

3. joe kuhn

Worked great. Will see if the fore end stays tight. Fiddled with the tightening screws some and it seems good for now. Is there a secret to this?

Thanks, Joe

4. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

See your PMs

5. joe kuhn

To keep the fore end tight, do I tighten the little screw first?

I'm going to get a lock washer for the nut that is split on top for a screw driver.

6. Bluedotman

Bluedotman Active Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.