1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

change of poi upon recoil

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by KIRKS AUTO, May 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KIRKS AUTO

KIRKS AUTO Member

With all of the ways to reduce felt recoil, I have been concerned about the affects , if any, that moving stocks may have upon the poi. For that matter , even gun fit that allows for excessive movement of the end of barrel at the time of recoil? Some shooters tell me that the shot has left the gun before this movement, but after seeing some super slow mo videos I am wondering? Any thoughts? Kirk

2. pulllit

pulllit Member

I have experienced the recoil change of POI while shooting a Ljutic in a heavy rain shower. The locking bolt got a drop of water on it and when I fired the shot it popped open slightly. I could see the 6 inch hole of the shot charge splatter through the rain about 4 feet below the target. The same thing will happen if there is grease or oil on a Alferman and Seitz locking bolt. They will pop open at the recoil impulse. A stock spring recoil device amplifies the effect.

(edit) Maybe that is why most all top shooters do not use moving devices.

3. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

Leo seems to do OK with his stock loc. I watched him last week, he's a machine, & a very nice guy to boot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.