1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Change from right/left or left/right shooter

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by SMITH47, Feb 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SMITH47

SMITH47 Member

I am 61 year old left eye dominant and shoot right handed with a patch on the left eye. you folks know the problem. i just could not progress. so a month ago i finally gave in and have moved the gun to my left shoulder.

anybody else on this journey ?? please share your stories !!

lefty ernie

2. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

I had a friend that made the switch. He did it by taking a BB gun in his yard and shooting hundreds of rounds through it at cans until it felt natural to him.

3. bhuber

bhuber TS Member

I did it at a young age so it wasn't that difficult. I am right handed and left eye dominate. Now it feels very weird to try and shoot right handed so I couldn't imagine having to switch back. Best of luck to you.

Brent Huber

4. gyrine

gyrine TS Member

I made the switch about 4 months ago. I had just taken up the game again after a twenty year lay off, I'm 65 now. I fought that left eye dominance thing when I was shooting in the 80's by using tape on the left lense which I never liked. I didn't find the switch over very difficult, it feels completly natural to me now. I got some good prescription shooting glasses and I am seeing the targets better than I ever did. I think it is the best thing in the world that a lefty righty can do. The BB gun thing sounds like a great idea if going to the left feels clumsy. I had more trouble getting used to the mechanics of loading unloading the gun than anything else. The learning curve for me was about 200 rounds. I also took the opportunity to switch to a release trigger at the same time. The first couple of weeks were sort of interesting but well worth it to me. gyrine

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.