1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Change Ejector to Extractor-MX8

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Tom Ruble, Feb 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tom Ruble

Tom Ruble TS Member

I have a Cat.3 MX8 combo that I've used only to shoot doubles. I now want to shoot the single barrel also. I want the single to extract the spent hull, but still want to have the O/U barrels eject the hulls. How do I solve my problem? Break 'em all! Tom Ruble

2. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

remove the ejector trip rod on the barrel you don't want to eject, then put it back in when you want the gun to eject.

3. Tom Ruble

Tom Ruble TS Member

Thanks Toolmaker, I was hoping I wouldn't have to remove and then replace the stock each time I wanted to switch barrels. Break 'em all! Tom Ruble

4. Tom Ruble

Tom Ruble TS Member

Thanks, John, Maybe I'll hunt around for a weak spring that will fit and see how that works. The ejctor/extractor in one of my barrels just broke and I don't want to break another one. I think the Perazzi ejector springs are probably too stiff. Maybe I'll cut a coil off the spring I have. Thanks for your suggestion. Break 'em all! Tom Ruble

5. mikepacific60

mikepacific60 Member

I was told you shouldn't shorten the ejector springs because they have a role in keeping the gun tight when it's shut (ie the ejectors push on the breach face) - this sounds like BS to me, especially as some Perazzi ejectors rub on the breach face & some don't (I've notied that on some Perazzis there are no elector marks on the breach face, some have a mark from one ejector and some have no marks at all).

What do others reckon?

6. deking00

deking00 Member

Wright's Gunsmiths at above address put a lighter spring in my gun after I broke my second ejector.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.