1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Change Beretta 680 to release

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by vpsr6, Sep 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vpsr6

vpsr6 Member

I am looking to see if converting a 680 trap trigger to release is something a
    mechanically inlined person can do with the proper info. I have had the trigger out to replace the springs so I am somewhat familiar with it. Do I need additional parts? If so where do I get them from, Cole etc...If anyone has done it or has any info it would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Vic

2. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

Vic: You might be very mechanically inclined. However, most of us leave trigger work to the experts. I doubt if you will get satisfaction from Cole's. Unless they have changed their policy, they do not do release triggers. I had Dean at Skeets Gun Shop do my 682. He did a good job. Phil Crenwelge would be another person you might consider. They both do good work and are reasonable in their pricing. Ed

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Sending my 682 to Phil at Phillips Gunsmithing. Here is the link above. Unless you are a gunsmith having all the proper tools and training you won't be happy with anything you manage to do. I am very mechanically inclined but wouldn't even consider trying to do this. Its not just a simple drop a spring in conversion. After a gunsmith has made the conversion, it might then be possible to go back and forth from release to pull and back again on your own. leave the gunsmithing to the gunsmiths though. JM2C---Matt

4. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

Consider Allem's roller release for your Beretta. The roller can be removed and restore the trigger to original pull without any addittional work. Little bit more expensive but smoother then many others and trigger speed can be adjusted by changing to different size roller bearings.

Big Jack

5. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Allems Roller release per barrel--$495 x2= $990

Phillips release per barrel--$250 x2= $500

Thats more than just a little bit higher in my book but i would agree your probably right on quality when going with rollers. That being said Phillips is more than enough trigger for me.---Matt

6. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

I use nothing but Allem---If its a K gun the Krieghoff release is great also.
    JMT---SJB---

7. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

In Ohio I use Thurman Gobel 419-675-3164 west of Marion Ohio Near Kenton on State route 309. And reasonable.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

beretta 680 release trigger