1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Chandelle Trap for Home Use?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 3220, Jul 1, 2013.

1. 3220

3220 Member

Hi All,

I have a Do-All trap for home use and have had very good luck with it. I can't find a trap for launching chandelles without spending a fortune. Does anyone know if there is a good quality/value priced chandelle trap on the market?

Thanks,

Fred

2. rwtii

rwtii Member

MEC, the reloading folks, just bought/merged with a trap manufacturer. I think it is APEX traps. MEC, Mayville Engineering Corp, knows a lot about metal bending. They have a Chandelle trap that looks a lot like the club level chandelle trap from Promatic.

3. 3220

3220 Member

Hi rwtii,

Thanks so much for writing back with that information. I will sure have a look at it!

Fred

4. 87AA

87AA TS Member

Alright, show of hands, how many of you trapshooter types are saying..."WTF if a chandelle"?

5. dls guide

dls guide Member

Apex was started by by a guy who used to work for Promatic. Andy Perkins, I believe. I have not seen one of the newer Apex traps, but used one of the first ones a few years ago. They were OK but hard to adjust and clunky. Probably the cheapest way to go for a chandelle machine is the promatic ranger. Daryl.

6. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

Promatic is $3600. Atlas makes one for $3000. see link. How badly do you want to throw Chandelles? Specialty targets, like rabbits, are more expensive to buy, also. Mark

7. grumpyembmech

grumpyembmech Member

Atlas also makes a thrower called the Hare-- it throws a rabbit target, but they sell an extra arm to throw standard targets. So, with one machine you can throw a rabbit, a rabbit chandelle, or a standard chandelle. Retail is around $1400.00

8. shotgun 1

shotgun 1 Member

CHeck out the ITB trap base at www.renairshotgunsports.com. It allows one to throw chanelles with a standard trap. Mounts are available for most all brands of traps. With this base you can throw just about every target there is. It will even roll standard targets across the ground if the ground isn't too rough. These bases may be the best thing that every happened to a clay pigeon. If traps have a problem holding targets at extreme angles, a brush can be added to take care of the problem. Many traps will hold the target to the point the targets tip in the carousel without adding the brush.
    Dave

9. Sprinklerman

Sprinklerman Member

I have 3 laporte rabbit-chondle machines 2250.00 each. Mark Mauch

10. Barkingspider21

Barkingspider21 Member

Camp Lejeune N.C., one of the best I have had the pleasure to shoot on, Trap, Skeet, Five Stand and archery range too, they can even throw wobble, I make a trip there for turkey day every year and shoot every day while I am there. The complex is surrounded by tall trees so wind is not bad and the pines make a good background. The staff is great and willing to do what it takes for you to enjoy your visit. I am looking forward to this years trip. I have no problem getting through the gate, I am retired Military, but civilians can stop to get a pass. Woody Sullivan

Search tags for this page
chandelle trap

rabbit chandelle trap