1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Champs at Montana State Shoot

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ric3677, Jul 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

Doubles with a 100 Dale Fisher from Colombia Falls

Singles with a 200 Pierce Rouse from Dillon

Handicap with a 97 from the 26 Ed Goodian from Box Elder

Congratulations to all the winners and thanks to everyone that made the shoot a great experience.

Rick in MT

2. Shawn

Shawn Member

Rick
    The shoot was excellent. We had a wonderful time.

Thanks to you and the other volunteers for all the hard work.

Shawn McNeil

3. Scott Johnson

Scott Johnson Well-Known Member

Was a great shoot and a lot of fun, except for anyone squaded after 20 on caps, wind and squalls put a damper on scores, but ain't that the way it goes. Roll the dice, take your chances. Bunch of good people there and good comraderie.
    A BIG THANK YOU to the Helena Trap club for putting on a good shoot and all the volunteers.
    Scott

4. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Linda Gibson defeated Stu Welton for out of state singles champ in a shootout!25 to 24!! Great job Linda!! You beat a very tough competitor!!

Hap

5. Scott Johnson

Scott Johnson Well-Known Member

Jimmy Litzinger shot his 1st 100 @ the back fence on a preliminary event on caps. Good shooting Jimmy.
    Scott

6. ROGER A.

ROGER A. TS Member

Rick

sure was thinking that we would go 499 in the first half of the singles, but 498 is not to bad
    will see you and Sue at Anaconda for the Zone
    i sure had a good time, just wish i would have shot the caps better

Scott

was good to see you and your better half, see ya at Anaconda

Roger

7. George MT.

George MT. Moderator Staff Member

Sounds like a great shoot this year, Congrats to all the winners.Thanks to Helena Trap Club for stepping up this year.George

8. ric3677

All in all, the shoot was pretty good. Nothing could forsee the Electrical problem on the first day, and we still got it done. I am a bit disappointed in the late shootoffs on Friday, but all in all, they still went well. Sorry that there had to be a winner in the Stu/Shawn shootoff but it's always that way. Pretty impressive watching those two go at it.

I missed George this year.....where were you bud?

Rick in MT

9. George MT.

Hey Rick, I was and have been very busy at work here,it definately has been effecting the time that I have to shoot.Like alot of us in the economy being what it is we are working longer hrs. and doin more with less per say.I do plan on trying to get in gear and attend the as many of the remaining shoots this year as I can.The zones are a distant hope right now but hopefully some of the following shoots will line up when I can make it.Shoot well George

10. PatMan

PatMan Member

Rick: What would your thoughts be on having the MSTA friday meeting at 8:00 am instead of after the doubles championship? It probably takes 2 hours out of by the time you get completely shut down, have the meeting, and then get fired back up. In the old days the meeting time was for the field help to change from doubles to singles, but with the new Pat traps, that isn't a time issue. When I did it, I was completely done before the meeting even started and attended the entire meeting. 2 hours on friday prime time is precious. thx Wayne

11. ric3677

Wayne.......sounds like a great idea. On the other hand...if you are running 6 banks like Helena, you have to wait til the line is clear to set anything for doubles or singles. Total waste of time in my opinion.

I think the meeting at 8 would work if the club ran a 4 trap bank.

Rick

George....see you in a couple of weeks in Kalispell.

12. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

Good weather + well set targets = many high scores. Great shoot, thanks to all who made it happen!

John C. Saubak

13. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

Rick it was a great Shoot thanks to all the volunteers. I will be glad to see you and George in Kalispell on the 28th & 29th.

14. George MT.

Sounds good we will looking forward to hopefully some decent weather over here for our upcoming shoot.It has still been raining at times fairly heavey.Sunday it rained here super hard on and off but Im hoping for decent weather.Hopefully I will get a chance to get in some trigger time befor the next registered so I dont shoot like a complete fool.Look forward to seeing you guys there.We are doing a new thing going with our gun give-away where each shooter that signs up for the shoot will have a opportunity to win via drawing.That way there will be an opportunity for a chance to come away with something fun.Shoot Well George

15. PatMan

PatMan Member

Rick: I feel the advantages of running 50 a trap are, you send twice as many squads out in the beginning, otherwise it is 45 minutes before the 4th trap is being utilized also if there is a trap breakdown, you only affect 2 traps vs potentially 4 ,another advantage is the on-deck squads have twice as much time to find out they are on deck and get ready to shoot. I aggree that some squads waste too much time between shooting their 2nd set, but they are the same ones that also waste time between traps if they are shooting on 4 traps. Just my thoughts: Wayne

16. ric3677

It doesn't work that way Wayne. You were there.

Rick in MT

17. mt6

mt6 TS Member

Rick had a great time at your Shoot, Many thanks to all who made this possible.
    Will you be posting the results on line?

Thanks
    Wayne Lyman

18. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

If I might make a constructive suggestion for the future Rick,

..........rather than publish in the program that the early squads on Sat & Sun "will start at APPROXIMATELY 8:30am" and then pressure them to start early without all the squad members there I think it'd be better if the program simply said that the "AIM shooters will start at 7:00am & the early regular squads will start immediately after the AIM squads are finished on the trap".

John C. Saubak

19. ric3677

Wayne, I don't have access to the results. Petroni ran the shoot. Next year in Billings I have every intention of posting results as they happen.

John, I most heartly agree with what you said. There always seems to be mistakes no matter how much work is put into something. I am sure Helena will try harder next time. All the clubs do, but something always comes up.

Rick in MT

20. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

Yes Rick, I'm sure that the estimated approximate start time was well intentioned. A good idea that just didn't work out, oh well...$hit happens. It was a fine shoot in Helena & I hope to make it out to Great Falls on the first weekend in August.

John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.