1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Champion vs. Atlas Traps

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Simphoto, Jan 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Simphoto

Simphoto TS Member

Sorry to start another thread, but I have eliminated the Do-All traps from my search. Now I am interested in the opinions of the board members on Champion v. Atlas traps.

Thank you

John

2. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Never owned a Champion, but have an Atlas that has worked flawlessly for about 7 yrs, I've got the swivel mount on it, it's been a great machine

3. GMerlyn

GMerlyn TS Member

I own 8 Champion Easy Birds and 2 SST's. I have had them about 3 years now and operate them commercially at our local club, as I run the sporting clays with them. I have little or no problem with them, they are lightweight and throw nice targets.

Only thing to maintain is the limit switch on the EasyBirds, and then you only need to make sure to tighten the screws.

I have bought most of them on ebay in the dealers price wars with one another.

I wish I had a Champion dealership as I could have sold tons of them to my shooters, as everyone who seems em likes em.
    Greg

4. Simphoto

Simphoto TS Member

Any other reflections and opinions on Champion vs. Atlas?

5. dhwbailey

dhwbailey Member

I have an Atlas 250 which I have used on our 5 stand for about 5 years now.

It is flawless. Can load enough targets for a day's shooting.

If there's one Achilles's heel, it's the throwing strip. It's made of urethane and is only glued in place. Tends to come unattached at the throwing end. Superglue glues it back. Should have some way to attach it with screws, because when it comes undone, you have to wait for the glue to dry.

Otherwise, it's a great machine.

Scott is most obliging and gets to any problem right away. I wouldn't hesitate to buy some more if I needed another.

They are light enough to cart around easily.

6. Two Dogs

Two Dogs Well-Known Member

If these units are to be used for ATA shooting don't waste your money, buy the best the first time ....PAT TRAP.....

7. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

Never owned or been around an Atlas but I here good things about them.
    With that said I have had zero problems with my easy bird and I like it a lot.

8. Simphoto

Simphoto TS Member

Two Dogs,

NO ATA stuff here, just fun with the misses and general practice.

9. Simphoto

Simphoto TS Member

Bumping back to top. I really need some advice here. I can not decide between the cheaper (Less expensive on Ebay) Champion and the Atlas. To make matters worse I can not decide between the ATA50 and the Patriot.

I'm SOOOOOOO Confused

10. Simphoto

Simphoto TS Member

Bumping back to top. I really need some advice here. I can not decide between the cheaper (Less expensive on Ebay) Champion and the Atlas. To make matters worse I can not decide between the ATA50 and the Patriot.

I'm SOOOOOOO Confused

11. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

Do anyone of you that has Atlas experience, use the oscillating base?.....reliable or not worth the money?? Your input is apprectiated.

Ron Burr

12. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Mine has the oscillating base and it's worked great too

13. ounce-n-3/8s

ounce-n-3/8s TS Member

I own a private (invite only) sporting clays range. All of my auto traps are Atlas (At-50's and At-250's). I just purchased the oscilating base and it works well and just like the rest of Atlas products....very simple to install.

I'm not exagerating one bit. I have thrown thousands of targets with these units and not a single problem,. In fact, they opperate so well, that I can honestly say, I don't think I've had more than 5 broken targets total NO KIDDING. I throw true-flight targets and the combination is perfect.

They definately are not built as heavy as a Pro-matic, but the simple fact that they throw endless targets perfectly convinces me to stay with them. I have friends that have the cheaper brands (champion and outers), but I have seen them struggle with broken targets or feeding problems.

Again, Atlas traps in my opinion are not built like the top of the line models, but for 1/2 or 1/3 of the price they work tremendously. You can buy 3 for the price of one. The other attractive aspect is the 5 year warranty vs. the 2 or 3 year warranty the big boys only offer. Not that I have had one problem with my Altas, but as accomodating as Scott is at Atlas, I can't imagine him being any different if you had a problem.

First class people with a great product for semi-commercial type clubs or private use.

Shane Loper

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
atlas patriot vs at50

atlas trap thrower dealers

atlas traps

atlas traps vs champion
champion oscillating base
champion vs atlas trap
champion vs atlas trap launchers

champion vs atlas traps