1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Champion voice release

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by carpk, Apr 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carpk

carpk TS Member

Does anyone know of a club using Champion voice release. I would like to hear how they work.
    Ken

2. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

I bought 1 set for our small club and they work fine. Bought a second set and have had trouble with them. I have two down right now. Small switch on voice release. Less expensive switches on pull button. Depends on your needs. Batteries are paine.
    Like the cordless.
    When just practising on one field very good.

I have mixed feelings. At most clubs when things are working everybody is happy.

Joe Woods/Ontario

3. washandwear

washandwear Member

Hi

Several clubs in my area use them. Have the usual issues but nothing that would cause me not to buy. Usual issues - kids have to turn them off at the end of the day or batteries will die and shooters have to speak correctly to get a target.

Regards

4. washandwear

washandwear Member

Hi

Here is a contact for a club that uses them on 6 fields and holds 8 ATA shoots a year.

http://www.ecrodandgun.com/

5. carpk

carpk TS Member

ttt

6. dragracemaniac

dragracemaniac TS Member

Ken, stay away from the Champion / Outers wireless voice release.

My club has recently switched from them to the new Canterbury wireless sets. Huge improvement.

The Champion / Outers caused nothing but problems and frustrated shooters.
    They have a lot of trouble recognizing an imperfect call. Lets face it, the more shooters you have, the more calls you will have. They do fine with a nice clear "Pull", but don't recognize all the grunts, gurgles and short calls that people use. It just leads to frustrated shooters and too many disruptions.

There's a reason that you only see Canterbury at all the big shoots.

Hope it helps.

Tom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.