1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Champion targets???

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by whopper1, Apr 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whopper1

whopper1 Member

Here we go again. Targets were delivered to our club and much to my disbelief they were Champion brand targets. I asked the shoot managers to not accept them
    as we had a big dropoff in attendance the last time we used them. The person that sold them was the truck driver and he stated "they will break, they changed them". My question is, does anybody have any knowledge of any changes to them? Appearance wise they look the same.

Dave

2. bodybuilder

bodybuilder TS Member

Read the thread I have on here right now titled Terrible Targets. My club did us the same way and we shot league the other night and even the AA class shooters shot in the teens. You could tell some straight aways were hit and just gained speed. I went out on the range and picked up some that had 8 holes in them but did not break and the club bought a bunch of them because they got them a dollar a case cheaper than the White Flyers and our club has money so that should not have been a factor so now I don't even know if I will shoot there this summer or at least till they are gone.

3. deercreek

deercreek Well-Known Member

I have to ask....how did this happen? Tell me someone would not just order targets and not know what they were getting!

4. fast gun

fast gun Active Member

Were they tournament grade? We got a skid of them for the game shooters shot a few on the practice trap they seemed to break ok.

5. bodybuilder

bodybuilder TS Member

In our clubs case the guy that does the buying is new to trapshooting and when they offered him cases a dollar cheaper he took it not knowing the difference, Our club has been around for years but just a few years ago put in a trap field so a lot of the people are new to trap.

6. whopper1

whopper1 Member

In response to how did this happen--the guy that orders the targets calls the supplier and takes whatever he has in stock. They usually supply Lawry brand but im sure that he buys whatever he gets the best price on.

7. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Hvy #6's will break them.

8. whopper1

whopper1 Member

This all protector and oakley shooting. Everybody shoots big stuff-fives and sixes bounce off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.