1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

chamois for wiping shooting glasses?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mrskeet410, Mar 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

For me trying to wipe rain from shooting glasses makes it worse. What about wiping them with chamois?

2. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

Check the vision center at Super WalMart they have some really good lense clothes

3. tinylo

tinylo TS Member

These are pretty good, keep a few in your gun case

4. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

The Zeiss are excellent! I don't know how they would work for drying raindrops 'tho

5. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Microfiber cloth seems to be the choice for me...you can buy them at Wally World for next to nothing. Keep them in a zip lock bag to keep grit out of the cloth and they work wonders. I get them about 16x16" and cut them in quarters. Toss them or wash them they are cheap.

Bob

6. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

a 4" X 4" piece of "shamwow" from any auto parts store

MK

7. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

Just to clarify, I'm not looking for something to clean my lens. I'm looking for something for a quick wipe to get the rain off the lens between stations, preferably without removing my glasses from my face.

8. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

Why bother? Before you've finished the next station they'll be wet again. My biggest payday shooting came with wind, rain and an error of getting silicone on the bbl. lug so the gun was coming open on every shot. I just ignored it all. Like stupid, brain-dead overcomes all. LOL!

Buz

9. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

I use a small piece of standard car chamois...buy one at Shucks or wherever and cut it to size.

You'll get enough to hand out to 5 or 6 buddies, and you'll be a hero.

I wipe mine down - actually, all you have to do is pat it on the lens while you're changing posts - a couple times a round, when its really coming down.

helps a LOT

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.