1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Chamber Mates vs. Sike-Kicks :: which works best?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by samthompson, Jul 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. samthompson

samthompson Member

Do either of these work well with inexpensive shotshells (e.g., Remington's gun club 100 pack that can be purchased at WalMart). Someone at the club has the Chamber Mates in 20 & 28 and they seem to work well with AA but not with the 'cheap' stuff.

I would like to play-around with them... but I can not afford to shoot AA shotshells exclusively through them.

2. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Neither works worth a snot compared to full length tubes( or at least tubes that are within 6 inches of the muzzle

Gene

3. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

20 ga. short tubes work fine. 28 ga. and 410 ga. you need longer tubes beause of the slow burning powder and lite payload. HMB

4. ovaljack

ovaljack Member

I use Briley sidekicks in all three gauges. the 28ga in my TMX breaks them very from the 16 yard line. the .410 tube is not perfect for trap but works very well for skeet. they all work much better than I expected, just go up one choke from what you normally shoot if you can. Jack

5. Doug Brown

Doug Brown Well-Known Member

Had a set of Briley Sidekicks in a 30" K-80, they balanced, worked great & smoked targets!

6. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Seminole (who makes the Chambermates) is, at this point in time out of business, with no firm ETA as to when they will reopen, so that means no new chambermates, or parts/service for existing ones until they do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.