1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Chamber mates help

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Rich Davis, Sep 17, 2013.

1. Rich Davis

Rich Davis Member

There was a thread some time ago about using plumbers tape to keep chamber mates from coming out of the chamber on extraction. I am unable to locate it. If someone remembers please forward to me with an answer.

Thank you
    Rich Davis

2. Rich Davis

Rich Davis Member

3. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

Rich,

They are referring to Teflon tape, the white thin tape that is used in some plumbing connections. I would think this would be available in just about any Lowe's or similar store such as a hardware store, etc.

The tape is wrapped around the rubber O-ring to form a tighter seal. If you don't use an O-ring at all, you can just use extra Teflon tape. Just use trial and error to find out the correct amount to use. You want the gauge inserts to be pretty snug in the chamber. I always apply a little grease to help get the inserts into the chamber.

BTW, I suggest you use on AA or STS shells when using these inserts. Otherwise, the inserts are likely to pull out when you open the gun or extract the empty.

Easystreet

4. Rich Davis

Rich Davis Member