1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Chamber mates for shotguns

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by bodybuilder, Mar 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bodybuilder

bodybuilder TS Member

Has anyone ever tried the chamber mates you put in your 12ga to be able to shoot smaller shells? I was thinking of getting some 28 ga for my 12. They say they are for O/U and side by sides but would they work in a pump if you Just shoot 1 shot at a time then put it back? does anyone think it will hurt your gun? Would the pattern be really bad because the bore is so big? Any advise before I buy these? Thanks

2. ec90t

ec90t Guest

I don't think that you'll get the bolt to lock up properly if you try to use them in anything other than a break open gun.

I've only seen one person use them and they seemed to work just fine. He was using .410 chambers in a 28ga.

ec90t

3. Bridger

Bridger Member

I seriously doubt that they can be used in anything but a break open gun but you can call the manufacture and they can tell you for sure. Chambermates do work to some extent. They leave the barrel very dirty and extraction can be a problem with some shells. You will get a lot of bloopers going down more than one gauge.

4. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

My wife broke 50 straight singles with a 28 GA tube in her K-80!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.