1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

chamber mates / barrel tubes

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Cross hair, Sep 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cross hair

Cross hair TS Member

When shooting smaller gage shells thru your 12ga. using chamber mates or barrel sleeves how is the fired hull ejected or extracted from the chamber? I have a lot of 20ga. shells I would like to use up and I am thinking trying chamber sleeves but I don't want to have to fight to get the spent hull out of the gun after every shot. Can someone clarify the extraction process. Thanks, Cross Hair

2. Pass103

Pass103 TS Member

Chamber Mates work best with AA and Rem and Fed brass based cases. I have a new set of 20 gauge for sale $200 delivered. Frank Pass103xx@aol.com

3. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

Chamber Mates work in conjunction WITH your gun's own EJECTORS. If you are using AA or STS shells, then the empties will be ejected easily from the Chamber Mates. Of course, if your gun has extractors only, then you will have to extract the empty from the Chamber Mates.

4. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Here's a link.

Briley also makes a product called the "Sidekick." Same idea. As does Rhino "Stinger."

The Chambermates have an o-ring that keeps burnt powder gases and residue from blowing back to the chamber face. I think its a little better design, but you go through o-rings fairly fast.

These are NOT like the old "Lil Skeeters" that were just a tube. All of these have integral extractors that work with your gun's extractor, so the inserts behave just like your gun normally ejects hulls.

Not a bad product for a reasonable price.

I have both the Chambermates and the Briley Sidekicks. One in 20, the other in 28.

If I had a lathe, I could cut an o-ring groove into the Briley's Sidekick's I have, they would be an even better product.

5. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

<center>
    [​IMG]<br><br>
    [​IMG]<br><br>
    [​IMG]<br><br>
    </center>

6. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Top pic shows 12g to 20g chambermate installed ejector lined up. Mid shows lining up mate. Bottom shows the ejector on mate. I just got thid last week. I have been looking for a project 20g to shoot the fun 20g shoots we have. I have been useing a friends gun for these. When I saw these I had my doubts. My has worked great thus far. Use it in my XT kept chokes the same. One thing I did notice. Remington exspress long range ammo 2 3/4 1oz 7.5 leaves a lot of powder flakes seems to get every where. remington gun club, had some off sounding loads? Fed 4pac specials lots of powder flakes. Win AA #9 shot just didnt seem to crush the targets like the 8 and 7.5. No STS any where to be found locally. So far best 150.00 $$$ 20gauge ive found so far. If you will only be shooting fun shoots and not going to get pissy when the o ring comes loose. Also never once had any ejection problems. So far the best shells have been the Remington sure shot heavy dove 2 3/4 1oz shot 7.5 just crushes them not a lot of crap in barrel after shooting them either. I like 7.5 always have.

7. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

The O-rings do wear out pretty quickly with the ChamberMates, but they are cheap to replace. Or, just use 3 wraps of plumber's teflon tape in place of the O-ring. It seals the chamber just as well as the O-rings. Of course, you have to replace the teflon tape after about 100 rounds, but the tape is cheap and readily available.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.