1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Challenge to Wisconsin Trap Shooters, and others

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Nutso, May 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nutso

Nutso Member

I have a challenge for those of you who care about registered trap and the Wisconsin Trap Shooters Association.

This challenge was not solicted by the WTA, but after reading and particpating in the Wisconsin Homegrounds thread I decided to get up and do something rather than debate all day.

I think it would be a very rewarding experiece to participate in making the Wisconsin Homegrounds a success,and I've learned that life is much better lived that way, rather than being bitter about past decisions.

Get up and make it work, rather than preach doom and gloom, and I told you so's.

My challenge to you is to find a way to contribute, either by cash donation, or by time. Or by simple moral support of the WTA Board, and those working to make this a success.

For my part today I've made a check out to the WTA and sending it to Jay Adams-WTA Treasurer, as a donation toward the homeground.

Here is where to send your donation to.

Jay Adams
    E7201A Oak Knoll Dr.
    Viroqua, WI 54665

"Participate in success"

Best Regards
    Tim Beach

2. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Tim.Great idea. I'm next to take your lead. NOw you should move to California and help them with their financial woes.

Good idea bud. Good idea. I'll pony up.

Jack Swanson

3. Nutso

Nutso Member

LoL, spent the morning at the DMV...I've got stories. Needed to turn my day to the positive side, and what better way than to support trap shooting in God's Country!!!

4. shooter99

shooter99 Well-Known Member

http://www.witrapshooters.com/documents/Pledgeform.pdf

Pledge Form for WTA Home Grounds

5. Nutso

Nutso Member

Even better

6. Palos shooter

Palos shooter Active Member

In Illinois at the Brittany Shooting Park in Bunker hill IL. Where we have our state shoot. Some of the shooting fields are donated by shooters to make it Happen..Maybe some shooters can step up to the plate and donate a shooting field.. At the grand in Sparta some of the shade benches are also donated..It is a great gesture by some concerned shooters to help make the sport better..
    Maybe it is time for the Wisconsin boys to do little to help ..Nice to have your name on the field ..Nothing stays the same ,,Change is inevenble..We must move with the time..Just like Vandalia ..just a part of our history..
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. shooter99

shooter99 Well-Known Member

From what I have been told 15 fields are already pledged along with other items. They can use more, every little bit helps.

8. BigSkiff

BigSkiff Member

I grew up in Wisconsin, Middleton Wisconsin actually. I learned to shoot trap at the Middleton Sportsman Club back in the early 1960's. In fact my wedding reception was at the club. That gun club is long gone and there's a housing development there now. But even then there was constant bickering about who should do what and how things should be done. I saw that same attitude in almost every public venue in Wisconsin. I joined the service and and left Wisconsin and have only been back to visit occasionally in the past 40 years or so.

I really like your suggestion, it is what needs to be done. The past is the past and you can't change it, but we do have control over the future. I hope some of those folks that are still bickering over a Home Ground Range will take your suggestion to heart and follow their states motto - FORWARD! It is time to move on!

I think I'll send them a check, also. I have no desire to shoot in Wisconsin as I live in the gunshine state of Florida and there is always some place to shoot here, year round! But it would be nice to see a nice facility in my old home state! Common y'all get with the program and build that range!

Bob Cade

Bob Cade

9. Nutso

Nutso Member

Bob, I shot my first registered skeet at Middleton, had learn some good trap basics there as well.

When Middleton lost their site they merged with Sauk Prairie Trap and Skeet. This merger really worked out well for both the membership of both clubs. SPTS is a first rate Trap and Skeet club which as a large contingent focused on ATA Trap and NSSA Skeet. The merger also enable SPTS to buy property to create a buffer, plus additional equipment, like PAT traps in all of the traps and skeet houses.

You may know Chuck Doring, he was one of the major influences in the merger.

It's great that your making a donation. But I think you should consider a trip to the first shoot at the homegrounds, after all July would be a good time to get away from the heat. I mean north central Wisconsin in July can be very nice.

Best Regards
    Tim

10. Wingshotgod

Wingshotgod Member

Good job Tim....

The guy that said that maybe you could now suggest how to fix California's money problems doesn't know that you recently moved to California. Hope everything is going well, e-mail me sometime.

Lee Bilke
    wingmaster@charter.net

11. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Yeah, what Lee B. said above! Good job Tim! His handle may be "nutso" but thats just not so!

While it's dandy for a state assoc. to own their own home grounds for future security and stability, other states without ownership gets along fine till personal/political problems arise. That happens to the largest of state memberships all over the country.

A central location for all shooters of the state should be high on the priority list. A location where possible encroachment may be prevented for as long as possible would be a major plus.

Relying on help from county,state and Federal lands has it's pros and cons. Which way that helps state shooters depends on the political winds that blow every which way when politicians are in control.

I wish the shooters of WI all the best of luck in attaining their own home grounds!

Hap

12. Donm

Donm Active Member

Tim. On behalf of all the shooters of Wi we thank you. And I would personally like to invite you back to Wi. for a shoot. If not this year make plans to attend on of the shoots at the new home grounds.

One of the picture shows names in concrete for dontations. We too are doing the same thing. Benches gun racks walk ways and many other things will have donators names imprinted in or on them.

A friend of mine has got a few more people and myself to donate a couple thousand dollars each and we are going to sponser a trap. I just got stent number 8 installed less than 24 hours ago so I hope I still have something left after the hospital gets done with me. Have a fund raiser. My wife Melinda has a quilt she is going to be raffling off. This is her forth one. So far she has raised over $5500 dollars with her quilts. If you want to donate it don't have to be thousands of dollars. Everything helps. That is not to say that if you want to donate thousand we won't except it. WE WILL. If you want to volunteer in some way, if posible we will except your help too. The Wisconsin Trapshooters Assoc. has been run by volunteers for ever. So thank you to everyone that has donated so far and those that will be in the future. Thank you to all the volunteers that we have now and those that have done so much for the shooters of Wisconsin in the past.

Don Mittag
    WTA Director SE Zone

13. Nutso

Nutso Member

DOMM- already got an extended vacation planned for summer 2013, making a big loop through up the Oregon coast, across Washington, down through Wyoming and the Black Hills, then pedal to the medal across SD, MN and back to God's Country for the first shoot at the WI homegrounds.

Thanks Lee and Hap...

PS saw some field trialers out here running blinds with a flyer diversion, sort of got the juices flowing seeing that again.

14. maltzahn

maltzahn Active Member

Have never shot one target in WI. At near 200,000 registered, its about time to get started and will be at the first state shoot on the new homegrounds.

Maltz

15. Donm

Donm Active Member

Tim that sounds like a wonderful trip. When you get here look me up at the shoot.

Maltz. Don't know if you are a drinking kind of person. But I'll buy the first one if you are. If not I'll buy the first soft drink. Look forward to meeting and seeing you both.

Don

16. BigSkiff

BigSkiff Member

Tim - It's a small world. I shot in a trap league at Middleton from 1960 through 1969. After that I departed for a world tour courtesy of Uncle Sams Flying Circus. The club closed down sometime after that. My mother in law worked in the club kitchen. The name Chuck Doring sounds a bit familiar but it's been so long ago that I've forgotten the names of just about everyone there. I didn't get back to Middleton until the 80's and by then I think the club had been sold.

Bob Cade

17. Donm

Donm Active Member

Ok literalist. I'll buy the first jug. You have to bring the water. Now you guys need to bring more friends.

Don

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.