1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Challenge from Indian to #1 Harley?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by mrskeet410, Apr 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

See link.

2. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

It would be wonderful to see Indians being made in this country again. Or any other sign of growth here. Break-em all. Jeff

3. neofight

neofight TS Member

I agree! My very first bike was a '47 Indian Chief. My dad gave it to me when i was 16. It leaked like a sieve, rattled like crazy, but i learned to ride on that maroon monster. I wish i had it to restore today! I would love to see the brand on the road again, if they do it right.

4. slowdp

slowdp TS Member

Polaris has enough money to make a dent in production but it will be tough and will take a lot of time. Victory has not made much headway. The rice burning copy cats have not done much.

No one has figured out why Harley still has its position. It is not the machine. Hell, the old pushrod V twin would make a fine tractor engine. Remember though we are talking about a slow, powerful bike with a lot of low end pull.

Harley keeps its place because it caters to those who want to modify the bike to add their own personality. Harley has the market cornered with add ons. You can hop up the engine or just dress the bike. If you would rather you can strip the bike.

Polaris will need to pay attention to the custom crowd.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.