1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Chad Sorensen

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Scott Johnson, Jul 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scott Johnson

Scott Johnson Well-Known Member

Had the pleasure to shoot on a squad with Chad Sorensen in the Western zone this past weekend. Anyway he was a great guy to shoot with, shot very well, and was "just dam good people". Congrats Chad, good shooting. I watched him shoot 100 straight on doubles and 97 on caps.
    Scott

2. Scootermac50

Scootermac50 Active Member

I wish I could have been there to shoot with you guys. Chad takes the reins of President of the USTA in September. Heck of a great guy, a shooting machine, and a guy I am glad to call my friend. Great shooting at the Zone Chad, it looks as if you are primed and ready for the Grand.

3. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Scott (Johnson),

You also saw him shoot a 199 in the Singles Championship.

I appreciate your mentioning G5/2. As everyone knows he's too modest to mention his accomplishments himself. ;)

The boy was on fire this weekend, that's for sure. He did very well. He's setting up nicely for the Grand. I hope he finds success there too.

We had a great time at Anaconda. Very nice people. Well worth the short 6 hour jaunt.

Enjoyed shooting with you.

We'll have to do it again.

4. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

Scott,

Maybe if you wouldn't have been watching Chad shoot, you would have broke more yourself? LMAO.

Rick in MT

V-10

Thanks for all the help this weekend.

5. Scott Johnson

Scotty,
    I could not remember his singles, so I didn't type them. Most of the trap shooters here in Mondamtana are great people and there are a bunch of real interesting personalities. After shooting with Chad, watching how he handled himself and how he treated the rest of us, said a lot about him being a dam good guy.
    Like one of the south west clowns, Maltz says "All the best people I know all carry guns". Will see and shoot with you again Scotty, Vernal, Spanish, somewhere maybe Spring grand in Tucson.
    Scott

6. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

The Spring Grand is highly probable.

Keep in touch.

The entire Chucklehead Squad rarely makes it down to the SprG, so there's usually an opening.

7. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

The man, the myth, the legend.

v10_2008_030335.jpg

But not "The Rib Eater." That half rack of South Side ribs kicked his butt.

8. orange crusher

orange crusher Member

Sheesh - I was sure that was Chad roaming the hills out of Ogden chasing those Mt. Goats in that white goat costume! I guess he was seen at the Western Zone shoot this weekend instead of chasing goats.

Joking aside - Chad is a very good shooter and great guy. Look forward to seeing him every year when in Utah shooting. He had a great Zone shoot even though he lost the All Around Champ shootoff to some unknown Idaho shooter - Welton somebody??

See ya in Sparta - hopefully on the $100,000.00 shootoff line!

John Adams

9. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

Welton Who?

Rick in MT

10. Scott Johnson

I think his name was STEW............maybe Beef Stew? 100 straight @ the 27 Stew, that one. Scott

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.