1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

CGSTA State Shoot

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by 3DHC, Jun 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3DHC

3DHC Member

I don't know Dan or Kevin, but I do know Bob, Ray & Walt and I agree they are great guys who give a lot of their time to make the CGSTA a better organization.

Butch

2. Vince McNamara

Vince McNamara Member

BeltFed

The Hall of Fame committee doesn't nominate the people who are to be inducted into the Hall of Fame. This is done by members such as myself. It is a very time consuming process to do all of the research and prepare the paperwork. Currently I am in the process of nominating an individual. I have been going through old Trap & Field and other magazines for the past 3 months at lunch hour or whenever I have time recording his accomplishments. Hopefully I can get it done in the next 3 or 4 months. I do agree with you that the Hall of Fame should be for the great shooters.

Vince McNamara

3. rmngtngrl

rmngtngrl TS Member

What a nice thing to see....a positive note....Thanks to all who attended the Calif. State SHoot. I think that the shoot ran very smooth....LOVED the Pat Traps down the line..I believe that led to the smooth operation of the shoot this year...No break downs and the kids really did a good job hustling in and out of the houses that were being filled.......it was great to see all the faces and meet some who post here....I agree that Bob has done a great job and I know Kevin will be trying hard to do his best for the CGSTA...see you all soon....Kym Hughes

4. jimbotrap

jimbotrap TS Member

I would also like to thank all that were involved. From the leadership of the CGSTA to the management and membership of the Kingsburg Gun Club we could not have asked for more. Great people and an even greater effort. Thanks to all including my grouchy old friend Dave VerHalen who only worked 12 to 14 hours a day for the duration. - Jim Elliott

5. 3DHC

3DHC Member

I agree that this was one of smoothest and trouble free California State Shoots I've attended (~10 over the past 12 years). The Pat Traps worked well and the trap kids shined. The supporting CGSTA and Kingsburg Gun Club folks deserve a big thanks for the personal resources and efforts they expended in putting on a great shoot.

Also, it's my understanding that the HOF referrals are based on an order of individual accomplishment and I personally appreciate the efforts of those who take the time to assemble the data and other information required to support a nomination.

Butch

6. snglfoot

snglfoot Member

DB Bill,,I disgree with your atatement about "the soft calls",,it may have been true with some, but I have never been accused of not calling loud enough,,(ask anyone who knows me and they can attest to that). I went to a long, drowned out call, sort of like "Cow-in-Labor",,,I sounded like a fool, but it worked for me.
    That said,,, I had a wonderful time, only shot 3 days, but that was my choice.
    I would like to have shot better,,but I did bring my avg. up a couple of % points, but no "punch" in handicap.
    GOOD JOB CGSTA
    Norman

7. ajc

ajc Member

Ditto everything said above. This was my 8th or 9th consecutive State shoot. Rumors were that the numbers were a bit lower than last year, saying that last year's heat kept some away. Their loss. Temps were mild (for Kingsburg) and AS USUAL, it's a very well run event.

I'm not involved in the CGSTA leadership, and after reading past meeting minutes I would never want to be, with all the personal attacks, etc. that add no value. I have no connections to any of the former or current leadership, but reading the meeting records it's pretty obvious who the instigators are/were. Glad to see that they are slowly being replaced with those who have a true "betterment of the organization" in mind.

I have two suggestions for next year. The first is that the Zone team shoot should have been concurrent with another event. It took a long time to get to the shootoffs as everyone except the zone teams wrapped up shooting long before the shootoffs that night.

The other is a recurring problem. For several years I camped across from E or F bank. This year we got a great spot by the river. And I enjoy wandering around the grounds, catcing up with other shooters, the vendors, etc. BUT in most places trying to hear the loudspeaker announcements is futile. It's not the person speaking but the number and location of speakers. You simply can't hear announcements reliably unless you are in the immediate vicinity of the clubhouse. The club or CGSTA have got to add more speakers, or perhaps they could broadcast a low power frequency that could be picked up by a radio anywhere on the grounds. Over the years, I have known numerous people who missed their shootoffs simply because there score was borderline-shootoff and they couldn't hear their shoot off call. In my own group (8-10 people) this year two shooters never heard their call; one missed their shootoff entirely (found out the next day) and the other only found out because one of our group was at the clubhouse and ran to the far end of the river campground to tell him. He made his shoot off by running all the way back. He made it but was pretty flustered by the time he got to the sign in table.

What would it take to make announcements audible throughout all the campsites?

Aside from that I applaud the efforts of the Kingsburg club--the place was in terrific shape--and all the volunteers and Directors who work so hard to coordinate and pull off a premier event. I plan to return next year and endeavor to shoot better.
    ajc

8. Barry

Barry Member

Anyone know who the new CA State delegate is? Dan who??

Thanks

9. Burnpwdr

Burnpwdr TS Member

Dedapr,

Eileen Williamson is still the CA State Delegate.

Dan Hoffman and Vickie Larkin ran for the position of 1st Alternate. Dan won.

Congratulations Dan.

Doug G.

10. rmngtngrl

rmngtngrl TS Member

Lisa, No to the washer question..but do not worry I will see you sometime but it is really no biggy....CHASER had a great week....the little devil took home three trophies and got 2 full yards this week....hopefully we will see you in Santa Maria...Kym

11. BMC

BMC Member

This was my first time attending the CA state shoot and even though I couldn't consistently hit the broad side of a barn with a skeet choke and #10 shot, I had a great time. I'm an analyzer by nature and I came away with the impression that a lot of good people put tons and tons of time and effort into streamlining the organization of this event. The facility is very nice, amazing really. The trap crews were flawless which was really impressive given they are not routine scorers. There can always be improvements or changes made as time goes along, but I think this was one hell of a fun week and you won't find me complaining about anything other than my lousy shootin'.

12. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

13. Pres. 86

Pres. 86 TS Member

BeltFed:

Please refer to my posting under the title of California Trapshooting Hall of Fame.

Respectfully,
    Bob Gioia
    President
    California Trapshooting Hall Of Fame

14. Pres. 86

Pres. 86 TS Member

BeltFed:

I have posted a thread titled California Trapshooting Hall of Fame which should help you to have a better understanding of what the C.T.h.O.F. is really all about.

Regards,
    Bob Gioia

15. Pres. 86

Pres. 86 TS Member

Dear BeltFed:

Please take a minute to read my thread titled California Trapshooting Hall of Fame History. This is not the same as my earlier thread, California Trapshooting Hall of Fame.

Regards,
    Bob Gioia

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

cgsta

cgsta state shoot