1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

CGSTA & So. Calif Trapshooting

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Rvator97, May 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rvator97

Rvator97 TS Member

Considering all the negative publicity surrounding the CGSTA and So. California Trapshooting as of late, I felt compelled to offer a different point of view and some positive information.

I want to let everyone know that while a few Board members have been wasting time arguing, name-calling, investigating, threatening lawsuits, and all that kind of counter-productive STUFF!…, most of us have been working hard, (since last July), on some POSITIVE things to improve trapshooting for all in Calif.

Hey! The 2009 California State Shoot is less than 8 weeks away!!
    I would encourage all Calif shooters, ( and out-of -State’ers) to come to beautiful Kingsburg Gun Club the week ending June 28, and participate in our best State Shoot ever!

Some of the good stuff we’ve been working on :

Thanks to alot of help from David Van Elgort, we have developed a new and improved cashiering program that should greatly reduce the “time in line” to cashier for your events this year.

We are very excited about our new Leaderboard project! Thanks to countless hours put in by Ray Brasser and our computer guru, David Van Elgort, we will have an electronic leader board system in place that will include a 32” flat-screen monitor located behind the current scoreboard, as well as a 42” monitor located in the lunch/beer tent area of the club.
    These monitors will work just like the ones at the Grand and Satellite Grands which scroll high scores for each Class/ Yardage/Category as the scores are input into the computer. This will make it very easy for shooters to determine where they stand in the results and if they are in a shoot-off.
    Thanks to Central Zone VP, Dan Hoffman for donating his time to fabricate the mounts for the monitors. If you like the leader boards, please take the time to thank these individuals for their efforts when you see them on the grounds during the shoot!

A related feature this year: the scores/results of the shoot will be available at cgsta.com each night for that days events. If you cannot make it to the shoot, you can still follow the results from home on our website. Thanks again to David for developing this program!

This year we will be offering something different in the Gun Purses for Events 2 & 7.… Event 2 Gun purse winner will walk away with a new Browning BT-99 Trap gun with a 34” back-bored barrel and adj comb! Retail value: $1,919.

Event 7 Gun Purse will offer a new Browning Citori Ultra XT Trap gun with 32’ ported barrels, silver nitrite receiver, adj comb, and choke tubes!
    Retail value: $3,079.

As usual, Kym Hughes has spent A LOT of $$ and put together an impressive line-up of trophies…. And don’t forget the $8,000 in added money!

Any of you shooters from out-of-state who are interested in getting a 2009 Calif State Shoot Program, please contact me or Ray Brasser and we will get one in the mail immediately…we’ve got plenty!

BTW: If you have not been to cgsta.com lately, check out our latest additions…. Thanks to the efforts of Ray and David, the CGSTA Shoot Calendar has been enhanced to include links to many of our Calif club’s ATA Shoot Programs. Also, there is a link on the home page where shooters can register their e-mail addresses and request that programs from clubs of their choice be automatically e-mailed to them.

The Shoot Results program on the website has been very well received and we are steadily increasing the number of participating clubs. If your club’s results are not posted at cgsta.com, talk to shoot management and let them know how easy it is. Just fax or e-mail the info to me, and it will get posted right away.

I hope that everyone is looking forward as much as I am to this years Calif State Shoot. I sincerely hope that we can use this event as an opportunity to forget about past differences and conflicts… mend some broken friendships, (and make some new ones), enjoy this great sport that we all share a passion for…. Let’s thank President Ver Halen for his service and a great 2009 State Shoot... welcome in our new President, Ray Brasser,……then, ALL Board members work TOGETHER, with focus on positive efforts to ensure that 2010 is even better for Calif Trapshooting…. After all, isn’t that why we are here?

Walt Hastings
    CGSTA Southern Zone Director/Treasurer

E-mail: wvhastings@ca.rr.com
    Fax: (661) 260-3435

2. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

WOW! Congratulations on the improvements in technology and relationships. Fred

3. JES

JES Member

The shoot calendar with the programs attached is really nice. And I do apprectate all the hard work and time spent to make California clubs the best and Walt you could not have said it any better. On to more productive and added value for the association, may you all have a great month and Thank you for all the improvements. Jan Slough

4. grunt

grunt Well-Known Member

TTT

5. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Ray Brasser, who has served the last couple of years as Secretary, has done an outstanding job of handling the day to day nuts and bolts of the organization plus spends countless hours solicting all the ads for the State Shoot Program and getting it printed and distributed. Every California shooter owes Ray a hat tip.

Also, Walt has substantially increased the efficiency of the financial controls and reporting of the organization over the last couple of years. He and Ray have made a great team and are poised to lead the CGSTA in a positive direction.

These two guys have really stepped up and gotten the job done and the work that Kym Hughes does as Trophy Chair is a real tour de force.

Fortunately for the CGSTA, the majority of the Directors bring a positive attitude and a deep commitment to their jobs. However, as in any organization there are a few asshats. You know, the guys who just sit on their asses just so that they can wear the CGSTA Directors hats at the State Shoot. They do the talkin' while everyone else does the workin'. They should get off the Board but they are like the guys who always stay past the end of the party because they have nothing better to do.

6. Ray Brasser

Ray Brasser Member

And hats off to the Kingsburg Gun Club. I can't tell you how many members they have that give 110% to make this shoot possible. Countless hours from a lot of very dedicated people. From a shooter's point of view, it's great to go to Kingsburg and be part of the California State shoot. One of the best in the country! But from a shoot management point of view, it's an absolute pleasure to work with the Kingsburg Gun Club. From top to bottom, they really make it happen. Absolutely one of the best in the country. If you run into a Kingsburg Gun Club member, please take a moment to thank them for their efforts.

See you in Kingsburg!

Ray Brasser

7. grunt

grunt Well-Known Member

Ray does a good job.

8. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

There are always vendors at the California State Shoot!

9. Rvator97

Rvator97 TS Member

If you have not been to Kingsurg Gun Club, check out their website at the above address for some great photos of the grounds and last yrs State Shoot. Walt

10. model50lover

model50lover TS Member

Kingsburg gun Club is just the best place in CA for the State Shoot. Super nICE fOLKS. lOTS OF Shade to set back and Relax. With the way the world is going, we all need to go and Support the sport we love! while we still CAN

11. Gary Beer

Gary Beer Member

Walt's original post states to come to the State shoot the week of the 28th. If you do that you will have missed the shoot. The shoot starts June 23rd with the Pre state on Sunday (21) and Monday (22). The shoot ends on the 28th of June.

Gary Beer

12. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

Walt has found a new way to win a buckle! Fred

13. Mr.M

Mr.M Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Plan on being there with bells on (I know, ugly picture). I'll be bringing some of the most fantastic Myrtlewood as well as some breath-taking Franquette English and Black Walnut to show all my friends what the top-of-the-line really looks like. I'll also be bringing some new books for the Hall of Fame raffles. Who knows, I may even do a little shooting.

Regards to all,

Mike Mann CGSTA President 1997

14. rmngtngrl

rmngtngrl TS Member

In addtion to all the new technology that is going to be introduced at this year state shoot lets not forget all the "manology" that goes into this shoot too...Beginning with the crew that puts the trap machines in BEFORE the shoot...and that same crew takes out the machines AFTER the shoot(to name a few.. Dan Hoffman, Dave VerHalen, Kevin Erwin and the man power of Kingsburg Gun Club...) Tom Goss of the Central Zone and the targetsetting crew get up at O dark early and set a wonderful target for all you shooters to enjoy....Jim McCollough (Northern Zone) and Ritchie Coldt(Central Zone) and their team of Line Referees....Dan Hoffman (Central Zone VP),who in addtion to a multitude of jobs and duties sits with me at the Shoot-off table and all the directors that are refereeing the shoot-offs...Kevin Erwin..Past President, who is the Voice on the Microphone each day...Steve Cloyd (Central Zone) Esther Puckett (Northern ZOne)and Jessica Anderson (Southern Zone) who help in the trophy room..... Ed Hammond,Fred Piazza and Allen Tomasini (Central Zone), Dave VerHalen and Jim Wyllie (Northern Zone) who are on hand to help at night with the shoot offs...Julie Robinson, (Northern Zone).. who helps out in the Shoot-off room (and Linda Hoffman is there too...) John Silva and Butch Phillips (Central Zone)...who are up bright and early with Tom setting targets....the list is endless....

This shoot takes alot of work...ALOT...so take the time to thank ALL directors you see on the grounds ( they will be the ones with the Directors Hats on)...

Also this year we are launching our AIM program...this is the ATA youth program and the Junior Program will be in effect also...the Junior Program was run for many sucessful years by Kurt Sachau and he entrusted me with job last year...This year, as in past years, all donations made to the Junior Program will go directly to the junior shooters. They recieve discounted targets at the state shoot and any left over monies will be distrubuted out to the AIM Teams that quailfy to go to the Grand in August.

AIM will be awarding over 40 trophies to youth shooters, from Pre-Sub to College aged kids this year...get your youth signed up!!!!!!!

Thanks to all the shooters for keeping this sport alive!! Come on out to the State Shoot and have a wonderful week....

Kym Hughes, Central Zone

CGSTA Trophy Chairman/Junior Progam Chairman

Calif AIM Director

15. rmngtngrl

rmngtngrl TS Member

16. rmngtngrl

rmngtngrl TS Member

hhhhmmmmm interesting......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

cgsta