1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

CGSTA Director Qualifications

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by ivanhoe, Dec 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

ATA directors? ATA Delegate is elected by the ATA members at your state shoot. Out of state shooters a not eligible to vote for Delegate.

CGSTA Director is a state association position. Each state has their own requirements for that position. You will need to talk to your state officers or shooters that are knowledgeable in this area.

I have no idea what a director does in your state. In my state we have club directors/delegates that represent the clubs at state association meetings. They are elected or appointed by the club.

The ATA delegates are elected at the state shoot in all states as far as I know.

Bob Lawless

2. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

I have no recent experience, Jerry, but I can tell you what it was like in the 70s. CGSTA directors were generally recruited from club officers around the state that were particularly dynamic in the functions of their clubs and registered shooting. This might include folks that shot very little but were excellent mechanics for the machines, tireless volunteers at shoots and other club activities, and those demonstrating good, new ideas for the improvement of the total shooting experience. My experience suggests they were generally recommended by folks already on the board and considered meeting any criteria that would benefit the shooting experience and improve the sport. I was appointed to the CGSTA board in the late 70s, apparently filling a vacancy, but soon voluntarily resigned when I felt I couldn't meet the requirements of time devoted to the attendance and assistance of enough venues to satisfy my own feelings of what should be expected of a board member. I never saw any suggestion that board members needed to post a certain number of scores in registered shooting but I did see a tendency to recruit/elect members that attended many venues; had the available time and willingness to work to do so......Bob Dodd

3. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

The Directors in the State of Arizona have to have a minumum amount (4000 total) of targets to be eligible to run for the board, as well maintain that while on the board ... The Board members also have to participate in some shoots (State and Zone) to some degree as in running the shoots in some way ... The Board members also have to contiue to shoot the minumum amount while on the board unless there is a medical reason or emergency condition that that would keep them from doing so ...
    This is a State requirement, not an ATA requirement and was voted on by the active members ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

4. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

John, I hope you don't think those remarks apply only to California. You have spoken for many good people in our sport. Thank you for what you do in the shooter's behalf. Merry Christmas and a healthy New Year to you. Bob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.