1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

CGSTA and Hall of Fame Censorship

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by JBrooks, Jul 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Good job Kenny, but you may want to lookup the meaning of "ancestors".

2. jimbotrap

jimbotrap TS Member

BeltFed - I you had read the post earlier by Bob Gioia regarding how the Hall of Fame inductees are determined. You would note they must be nominated by an existing CGSTA member. That said if you have someone you feel should be in the Hall of Fame then nominate him/her.

As to you comments about the Hall of Fame directors not cooperating with the CGSTA. Until this past year or so the CGSTA has not been cooperative with the Hall directors. Not the way you posted it. The 2 main principals is the Halls subsistance are Bob Gioia and Al Yapelli. They have worked tirelessly for the Hall and it's enshrinee's. And for that matter for the betterment of this sport as well. And far more effort than 80% of the CGSTA directors. Not to critize the current leadership. I believe Bob Slough and many others did an outstanding job this past year. And I have confidence their efforts have opened up the door to bigger and better things in the future. But alas we could do without the socalled efforts of a couple or more of other directors.
    - Jim Elliott

3. Pres. 86

Pres. 86 TS Member

Thank you Jim and all the others for your comments supporting the C.T.H.O.F. It is very difficult to satisfy everyone...but we do the best we can. There will always be those that would rather criticize than be supportive.

For those that might be interested, please refer to two threads; California Trapshooting Hall of Fame and California Trapshooting Hall of Fame History.

Bob Gioia - President
    California Trapshooting Hall of Fame

4. Pres. 86

Pres. 86 TS Member

Dear Kenny:

Well said. We too have several different categories for consideration into our Hall of Fame. Unfortunately, most shooters think only of those with great shooting records and forget about those that have dedicated so much of their life to our sport. Without them, we could not exist. Since 1974, we have inducted 69 people into our Hall of Fame, and only 7 have been for their dedication to the sport.

Unfortunately, most of those that are critical of our Hall of Fame never take the time to ask question of our Directors. Several days ago, I not only addressed the concerns of BeltFed...but invited him to contact me. To date there has been no response.

Regards,
    Bob Gioia - President
    California Trapshooting Hall of Fame

5. Pres. 86

Pres. 86 TS Member

BeltFed:

Contrary to what you have been saying, the California Trapshooting Hall of Fame is not going backwards, but has continued to move forward from it's inception. It doesn't matter if you attended this years or any other years State Shoot, you would know that the Hall of Fame booth is always located directly across from the building that every shooter must go to get handicapped and squaded. Knowing this..you would not be making the statement that we were not out there for the shooters to talk to and see.

We sat in the heat and sold donation tickets and distributed prizes from early in the morning until 5:00PM for six days. I would think that this would provide ample time for shooters like yourself to seek the answers to their questions.

I am also going to comment about the remark you made about the Little Guy that went on a rant during last years State Shoot meeting. Two days prior to the annual meeting I took the time to introduce myself to President Yamaguchi. I found him to be a man of honesty and integrity. Rightfully, he did not move forward with the purchase of the Pat Traps because of the fiduciary implications.

If you really listened to what I was saying, I began by admonishing the Board of Directors for their lack of respect to President Yamaguchi and the office of the Presidency. Not only did the Directors try to hold a meeting prior to the State Shoot for the primary reason of removing him from office, but they chose to boycott the President's Dinner. Whether we agree with or dislike a person, it does not give anyone the right to disrespect them and the office they hold.

It has taken the State Association 94 years to accumulate the money it has in the Treasuary. With the decline in revenue from daily fees, state and life memberships and the reduction in our ATA refund,I ask the question again. Without a clear cut plan to recover the 60% of the treasury they were going to spend on the machines...how long did they think they could continue to provide the calaber state shoot California is use to having?

Would you or anyone else part with 60% of your total assets not knowing if there will be a return on your investment?

Bob Gioia

6. viperrt

viperrt Member

Bob, you can't have a battle of wits with an unarmed person!

Please accept my personal thanks for a great job under less than ideal circumstances. Bill Ruhlman

7. cnjranch

cnjranch Member

Bob Gioia,

I would like to thank you and Al for all of your hard work over the years. I have seen you folks sitting in the heat underneath the pop-up shade for years. Just this year a member asked me a question about the Hall of Fame which I did not have a answer. So instead of giving out wrong information I contacted Al and he provided the information which I passed on to the member.

I suggest that anyone who has questions regarding the HOF, contact the people who are doing a great job and ask before throwing stones and the name calling begins. If CGSTA members have a potential Hall of Fame inductee they need to do the book work and bring the individual to the fore front of the HOF comittee so that person is recognized.

James Hammond

8. Big Az Al

Big Az Al Well-Known Member

this whole thread was educational to read.

The points I pick up on are:

Unaware

did not KNOW

unimfromed

I know that no matter how much effort is put into getting imformatin out, there are and will always be, a lot of people that will never, see, hear, or read it. An then say if I had only known!

It reads like if as for C T H O F (or any state HOF, I am just sticking with the thread), That if someone is aware of OLE ___________, who spent fourty years over at ________ _________ trap club, making it the best place it could be and was the first one to go help run a shoot at another club because it was just the thing to do. That maybe other shooters, and friends of some of these clubs should get imfo together, a good start at a bio, contacts and references, histories, any kin folk still around, and doing as much as possible not to overwhelm the H O F committees. Make people aware of the histories of our great past, from some of the lowly worker bees (so to speak) that really made everything happen to the competitors of some note that if you didn't know them they might get lost!

And for the terms above, there is this:

The times when I am in a store and talking with someone about the event last week, I keep hearing "Well if I had only Known". In some shops I look around and see there is no reason not to have known! Then in another shop were I see our shooters dropping tons of cash, I look around and our clubs and our events aren't posted and just don't seem to exsist!

So how do we get the word out whether it is to grow the sport, and round up our histories so that our past our presnt and our future is, saved preserved and prosperd.

In the four years I have had my ATA card, enjoyed leagues, both trap and skeet, and a couple with trap skeet and 5-stand.

I have thought, why don't we have A State All shotgun events shoot?

Would an event that the HAO had, TRAP singles doubles and handicap. Skeet 12 ga and doubles, 5-Stand and sporting clay's, be so outrageous?

Here in AZ I can think of only one club out of the seven that I have shot TRAP at that couldn't put on an event with at least two of the above. and five of them could put on the hole thing!

And three of the five clubs might even be able to combine out and out registered shoot in all of the above, with some, to a lot of just plain Funshoot activities for those whom shoot a little and 20 to 30 dollars for a hundred birds is a putoff, but may enjoy a $5 for 15 to 20 birds of twisted trap skeet or 5-stand. Becuase having been to a couple of fun shoots those twisted events rock! Some truly are spectator sports, that ROFLMAO is an understatement, and that was just at myself!

This would serve two purposes, show people that enjoy shooting, where there is a lot of good clean family fun, and that____________ Shooters aren't really (or at All) the tight A**ed jerks of fiction and(or) fact!

I might have strayed a little but in the vien of imfo, not that much.

Al

9. jimbotrap

jimbotrap TS Member

Bob - I was one that thought the purchase was not in our best interest. After shooting this past shoot I completely changed my mind. My sincere thanks to you and those that worked so hard to make everything happen and put on the best state shoot I can remember. Sorry our system calls for such a short tenure. But again thanks and congratulations. - Jim

10. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Beltfed, you should have asked all your questions at the State Shoot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.